Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have no head lights and i have no idea why...... yesterday morning i had lights then at night i had nothing well only driving lights but no headlights. i have checked all the in cab fuses and the fuses under the hood and they are all good. so i put a test light on the plug to the bulb and there is no juice. any one have a idea what could be wrong ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this problem once, after about 45 minutes of messing with every harness and shaking all the wiring and checking fuses, I still couldn't get the headlights to work. Eventually I messed with the high/low switch in the cab, and apparently it had been stuck between the high and low positions. Pretty frustrating knowing this is all it was. You may have already tried it, but it took me awhile to even try it! Also, not sure but I've got the relays installed for the headlights, and you might want to check that they are working.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tried that last night and i just tried it again and still no go. i dont know what you are talking about with relays where are they ? does any one know which of the 3 wires is the hot one ?

·
Registered
896 Posts
The headlight switch itself is known to burn up in these trucks. Mine melted and left me with parking lights and nothing else.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is what it was the new switch is in and good to go. thanks for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts