Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a 08 6.7L with all the DPF deleted running a Smarty.

Just put a new "used" engine in it. Everything was working fine. Went to check and clear a couple of codes with the Smarty. Now the key will not kill the engine or any thing. Un hooked the batteries for 10min and its still doing the same thing. It was working fine before I cleared the codes.

I am guessing a Skim key or computer issue???

·
Registered
220 Posts
Pull the fuel line.

Someone chime in if the advice I just gave is going to do serious harm to his rig...

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
Did it quit when you pulled the battery wires?

If not you will need to cut off the fuel supply.

Did you load the Smarty program, or just try to clear codes?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I killed it by stalling it out its a 6 speed. I also loaded the stock program in and the Smarty program.

But the problem started after I checked and cleared the codes.

·
4,669 Posts
I would kill the fuel, then read codes. I would look for some sort of sim key code or along that line. Also check the wires and voltage to the ignition ????

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
atleast you can start your truck with the key!
i cant. i have to cross the starter every time... all i can say is that my truck idles most of the day these days til this problem can get figured out.

·
4,669 Posts
If you just put in a new (used) engine, did you get the computer pieces and parts swapped too ? Maybe there is a communication problem in the ECM or elsewhere ?

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
whos that in reference to?

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
It's a 08 6.7L with all the DPF deleted running a Smarty.

Just put a new "used" engine in it. Everything was working fine. Went to check and clear a couple of codes with the Smarty. Now the key will not kill the engine or any thing. Un hooked the batteries for 10min and its still doing the same thing. It was working fine before I cleared the codes.

I am guessing a Skim key or computer issue???
Starving it by pulling a fuel line is bad, the best way would be to block of the air.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
have an edge? set your turbo timer real low, or just tap the brakes for "emergency shutdown"

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok guys thanks for the replies. I got fixed. It was my fault. The truck also has
a edge used for gauges and turbo timer. I forgot to plug it back in to the obd port.

·
Premium Member
3,812 Posts
good to hear bud key says stop turbo timer says NO:lol4:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
What is this "emergency shutdown" by tapping the brakes? How does that work?

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
thats for when you have an edge when the turbo timer is running and key is off you can shut the truck off buy taping the brake

·
Registered
515 Posts
thats for when you have an edge when the turbo timer is running and key is off you can shut the truck off buy taping the brake
Also with the edge trubo timer you can shut it down by hitting the panic button on your key. If you do it that way though you have to hit the lock or unlock button before the trubo timer will work again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.