Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought efi live autocal from hardway performance tuesday. Went to install it and im getting error code 0502. Efi live is completely new to me and i have no clue what to do. I messaged ryan and cody both as well as leaving a message on their phone. Is there anything i can do to get this fixed myself because i need to use the truck tonight or am i just screwed till monday? Does anyone have input or ideas i can try. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13,102 Posts
I just bought efi live autocal from hardway performance tuesday. Went to install it and im getting error code 0502. Efi live is completely new to me and i have no clue what to do. I messaged ryan and cody both as well as leaving a message on their phone. Is there anything i can do to get this fixed myself because i need to use the truck tonight or am i just screwed till monday? Does anyone have input or ideas i can try. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Is all the firmware and software up to date?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know how to check that. Is that something im able to check? Am i suppose to have a usb thumb drive or just the usb cable that plugs into the autocal?

·
Registered
13,102 Posts
Connect the auto cal to a computer. I'd download v8 and v7.5 from efi live's website to update everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know my computer earlier wouldnt let me even do anything with my autocal. Do i have to have certain drivers installed? Ill download those when i get home then see if it will let me do anything with my autocal. Right now its just a $1000 paper weight and sucks because im new to this and have to rely on help

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So download versions v8 and v7.5? Is there anything else i need to check when i get home? Im still stumped as to why i can do anything to the autocal when its plugged in to the computer. Is the software the same thing as firmware?

·
Registered
13,102 Posts
So download versions v8 and v7.5? Is there anything else i need to check when i get home? Im still stumped as to why i can do anything to the autocal when its plugged in to the computer. Is the software the same thing as firmware?

The computer likely doesn't recognize the autocal without the software. Make sure both software and firm ware are up to date.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope thats what it is. Which version firmware do i need?

·
Registered
13,102 Posts
Once you download and update the software, with the autocal hooked up, click on the autocal symbol in the low right hand corner in the tool bar by the clock on your desktop, there will be an update firmware button, just click it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok thank you. I really appreciate it. Ill let you know what it does

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok i got the firmware installed but still having troubles. Im trying to do the bbx according to ryans instructions but i can not find any tune files what so ever. Do i need to have the bbx email link or what do i need to do?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am not an autocal genius, but you need to download the bbx file to your desktop. then you can add it like your tuners directions say too.

You got an Email with the files attached correct? click on them change location to save to desktop (so you can find them easily)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i understand trust me i have no clue and im trying whats suggested. bobsagetisgod got me a long way and has my computer recognizing my autocal now. Do i go to efilive for the bbx file as well or where do i go to download it? i think if i get this fixed ill be good to go.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Your tuner sent you a email with the tune? or did he put it on a thumbdrive? I did not use the same tuner as you did but in his directions if you got and email, you have to save the file to the desktop. then you can add it to the autocal. if you let me know if you got an email or a thumbdrive I can try to help you further. if it is "supposed to" be email and you cant find it check your spam folder.

Nick

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no my tuner did not send me an email with a tune, i checked all folders and nothing. Didnt receive a thumbdrive either. I got the autocal, obd2 cable, usb cable and my csp5 switch and thats it

·
Registered
74 Posts
It might already be on the autocal. Did his instructions say? He would have to give you the file. That is what you paid for his custom tune. I would shoot him a message and ask. with the autocal plugged into your computer can you go to tuning tool click ok.. then go to program full click ok.. then scroll down do you see csp5mod... or something?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1. Plug your autocal in to the vehicles obd port using supplied cable
2. turn ignition key to run
3. using the up/down arrows on autocal navigate your way to full1, press ok
4. agreeto license the controller by selecting ok (this will only happen on your very first flash) it should start downloading and take approximately 7-8 minutes to complete download
5. IGNITION OFF NOW! once the screen says this, your download is complete, turn the ignition off and select ok, once the 10 second count down completes you are now ready to start the vehicle and enjoy

Thats my list off instructions i have, theres more instructions regarding a memory stick but i did not receive one. i have sent multiple emails and even left a message. im so frustrated right now i havnt even slept and im losing money since i cant use the truck

honestly i dont even know how to get to what your talking about.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts