Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am tired of looking at all yalls bad a$$ trucks lifted big meats and crazy bumpers:CRY: so now its my turn . im going with 6inch and 37s i need to know if yall had to regear yalls trucks .i owned a 04 chevy hd with 8 inch and 37s and it felt like a dog on the hwy and i dont want that to happen to this truck because it runs dang good right now so please help.

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,668 Posts
What gears are you running now? Do you have a manual or auto tranny?

Fill out your sig to give everyone a better idea of what your working with.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have a superchips tuner getting a smarty next week afe stage 2 intake,5inch turbo back exhaust ,cfm intake not sure of the gears but i think they are 373s how can i tell?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
you can always run 35s with 20s..it still has a very nice cutom look without the affects of really big tires..but on the other hand i love lookin at those big new style 3rd gens so go for it...and you wont have to regear but it would be smart...35 match up with 4.10s...37s match 4.56

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wheel since im a dually i wont be putting on 20s , and i thought of 35s and 37s for a long time i just want the truck to be able to offroad well and for a big heavy truck im not sure if 35s will cut it .

·
Registered
331 Posts
I am running 37" BFG AT's. I saw some power loss, but not enough for me to regear. I run the predator on #4 all the time and watch my EGT's, only gets to around 1400 when it shifts to overdrive. Still enough power to spin them when I want to and more than enough to merge and over take most traffic!:thumbsup

Oh yeah, 3.73's and an auto.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awsome D gandy thanks for that , your truck looks good from what i can see

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am in north richland hills how the hell did you get 37s to fit on a stock truck

·
Registered
249 Posts
i have 37s and stock gearing with an air raid intake and predator 100 horse chip it pulls my toy hauler well and still gets after it

·
Registered
331 Posts
i am in north richland hills how the hell did you get 37s to fit on a stock truck
They don't measure out 37's, that is how. When I buy new tires, I am getting an MT of some type and will definately have to install the spacers that I have been putting off for over a year now.:thud:

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Im running 37"s with 3.55s and it will still do 3rd gear rolling burnouts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what kinda gas milage loss did you see when you went to 37s

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Real 37's will cost a 3.73 auto truck somewhere about 3mpg loss.There is abig difference in size and wt between a bfg37 and say a toyo mt 37.The bfg 37 weighs less than a 35 toyo mt.

Bob

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I dono but I can still get 19.5-21 MPG on the HWY between 75-80 MPH

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well mopar man you have a few things i dont have a manual trans and bigger turbo,fass fuel system and a damper i would say thats going to help on mpg and smokie burn outs lol

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
well mopar man you have a few things i dont have a manual trans and bigger turbo,fass fuel system and a damper i would say thats going to help on mpg and smokie burn outs lol
Point taken:thumbsup

1 - 20 of 25 Posts