Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Need grease?

682 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Suprcynic
I've been gettin a little bit of noice out of my front end, so i figured it needed to be greased.. But after i go down to the local O'riellys, buy a grease gun, and a tube of grease. I crawl under my truck and am surprised to see that there are not grease nipples, or anywhere to re-grease anything.. Am i just missing them? Or is it not necessary to grease the 3rd gens? I just figured with the weight of the engine, and all that regreasing would be important.. Any help would be great!!!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Rescue Tower
11,008 Posts
Pretty sure everything is sealed on the 3rd gens. So you need to find what is loose and look at replacing worn parts.

· Registered
378 Posts
my truck has grease fittings on the tie rod and thats it.

· Rescue Tower
11,008 Posts
Alright, nothing looks really worn.. I mean the truck only has 50k on it. i know i need front shocks. I'll check it out though... Thanks..
I've seen components wear a lot faster than you would think. Don't forget brake and wheel components as well. Aftermarket wheel center caps and such can make noise that you don’t notice until summer when the windows are down.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen components wear a lot faster than you would think. Don't forget brake and wheel components as well. Aftermarket wheel center caps and such can make noise that you don’t notice until summer when the windows are down.
Yea, i have stock wheels. Its not any loud noise, maybe im just being paranoid.. I've noticed a few times a knock when turnin, but only if i take a turn a little fast. Some of the problem i think is my front shocks. I can see where the bump stop has been being used, more so than it should. The place where it hits, is fairly clean unlike the rest of the front end..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.