Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RPM tach is messing up and I am afraid I have a sensor going bad so I need to determine where to possibly start with my problem

·
Registered
845 Posts
you can find a manual to d/l at htc.com
good luck

·
Registered
87 Posts
I belive they finally took them off their site. I was luck enough to get mine before they did.

·
Registered
845 Posts
bummer, you're right. I found this on their site.

"We received a contact from Chrysler investigators politely asking us to remove them as they are copyrighted."

·
Registered
361 Posts
Its most likely your crank positon sensor

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How hard is it going to be to replace that? or would that be considered part of the cummins warranty?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Any word yet on what might be making the tach jump around? Will it cause a reduction in power, cuz my truck feels like it doesn't pull like it used to. It may be just me, but I want to make sure.

Thomas S.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well from what I have heard from everyone and what I have read and seems to be our cam postion sensor going out... 26.50 from a dealer but they are on back order EVERYWHERE

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is this sensor hard to change? I'd rather not go to the dealer if I don't have to.

Thomas S.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From what I understand the senor isnt to hard to change... I haven't done it yet but I am gonna give it a go.. cuz i am sure the dealership would wana charge you an arm and a leg to replace it

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks, I'll look into it.

Thomas S.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts