Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off just to give everyone a heads up, i just bought my first diesel this past friday, this is a whole different ballgame from my last truck (an 07 1500 hemi 4x4 on 10" lift and 41's) I decided it was time to trade up and found a very clean and in my opinion well priced 08 3500 4x4 megacab resistol edition dually with the 6.7TD with 51000 miles for 36k. I will be lifting it 6" and putting 35''s on it within the next two months. I have a couple performance questions. first, i would like to do the delete kit and wanted to know from start to finish what all i will need to make this as easy a possible, i've been researching online quite a bit this weekend but there seems to be quite a bit involved, is there any website that sells a complete start to finish kit that will have all components needed and what brands do ya'll recommend? Question #2, is there a big performance difference between a 4 and 5'' exhaust and will i need to still have a catalytic converter if i do the dpf delete? and last but not least what is the most highly recommended aftermarket intake performance wise in yall's opinion. any and all help would be much appreciated, seems like there are alotta pretty intelligent fella's on here from what i've read so far, lookin forward to ya'lls insight. thanks

Justin Corbell

·
Premium Member
12,677 Posts
give James @ Rollin Smoke Diesel a call...he'll tell ya all ya need to know and give ya some damn good prices on w/e you wind up orderin...

as for your questions, if you do a dpf delete kit w/ downpipe, it will get rid of the cat...and really for the install, just be sure you have a good jackstand to hold up the transfer case while you have the transmission crossmember out in order to get the downpipe down...for the other tools you'll need, either a 11mm deep socket or a 11mm wrench to get the clamp for the down pipe off the turbo, and a 15mm socket on a 1/2 inch drive socket wrench to get the dpf and nox separated so you can pull em off

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just done my 2010 3500 i was told that u dont need 5" until reach about 650hp. i did do the 5" exhuast from flopro no muffler i am planning some more mods latter. i went with the h&s mini maxx and a sinester egr/cooler delete but u dont need to take off the egr or cooler the mm will turn it off but u would need to put a freeze plug in the cross over pipe to block it off bc of blow by. i would also use rollin smoke diesel

·
Registered
20 Posts
New to Dodge and Diesel. Have a question and have seen different answers to. I bought a Edge juice with attitude not the race, the same day i purchased my truck and now want to do the DPF delete. i am being told that i need the H&S ,Smarty tuners or the Edge race tuner. Is this true? Seen other post with people without programmers doing the delete and everyone else pretty much had a H&S when they did it. Thanks in advance for yur help.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i just done my 2010 3500 i was told that u dont need 5" until reach about 650hp. i did do the 5" exhuast from flopro no muffler i am planning some more mods latter. i went with the h&s mini maxx and a sinester egr/cooler delete but u dont need to take off the egr or cooler the mm will turn it off but u would need to put a freeze plug in the cross over pipe to block it off bc of blow by. i would also use rollin smoke diesel
is it true that you dont need 5 inch unless your making about 650 Hp. i am planing on doing dpf delete and would like to know what size i should get.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Another vote for James @ Rollin Smoke Diesel :thumbsup:
-justincorbell : you will want to get a tuner, EGR/cooler delete and a TBE (Turbo Back Exhaust). An intake isn't really necessary as the stock airbox flows pretty good but if you still want a CAI, then pick the one you like the most as they all perform very similar as far as I have heard.
-As far as "needing" a 5" exhaust, No you don't but it won't hurt performance either so why not get it.
-Kevin D : You can do a DPF delete with the edge but you will need exhaust sims (James @ RSD can help out with that as well)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.