Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again guys, long time no talk too. This truck is my daily driver, my family truck and when needed my workhorse. Between work and life I have slowly been putting my 93 cummins in the condition I want it. I bought it bone stock with 64k original miles. It now has 112k on it. I upgraded the tranny to the NV 4500. I installed a 400 hp clutch kit. I added the new 3 piece ported exhaust manifold. I added a 4" exhaust, removed the 20cm turbo housing and went to the 16. I put on a 4" Bullydog exhaust and actually left the muffler on...I already notice a huge improvement......now I am ready to "do some pump modifications" I hope. My entire goal is to maintain the longevity and reliability of the engine while getting as much power as possible without killing the fuel mileage.......so what I need is detailed info on messing with my pump. I have been reading tons of the forum. I do have a fuel pin, it's a Bullydog...I heard the BD fuelpin is out of a soft metal , so I have fixed that too. I am ready to install a fuel pin or turn mine to 90 deg....like you talk about. I understand the star screw thing I'm pretty sure....I also understand I am not suppose to turn the screw..."WHICH SCREW?????" more than 2 turns without adding gauges.....if someone could put all of this mess into 1 answer I would certainly appreciate it. I appreciate it guys, I am just a old retired military guy that is DIESEL IGNORANT !!!!.....SO EDUCATE ME, I will be your best student

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Get a set of gauges first. Then you can start turning screws.Turning up the pre 94 Ram diesel injector pump
For milage and power I would turn the full power screw in a half turn from runaway, Put the stock fuel pin in and turn the smoke screw and the star wheel all the way up. Don't take the EGT's past 1250 for very long and don't boost over 35PSI. Enjoy. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts