Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had mp-8 and gauges installed on Wednesday, took off on a trip pulling 37' camper, and after about 80 miles the engine light came on. Seemed to run fine, but the eg's were running 1300 to 1500 which seems pretty high. I was only running it about half the way. I unplugged it and returned to stock and the eg's run about 1200 to 1300. What is normal for the 6.7? After another 300 miles and a few stops, the engine light went out. I know I need to get the code checked, any ideas? I am 500 miles from home and should be fine going home at stock.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
I'm not sure what the deal with the CEL was, but I would say you were probably in regen is why the EGT's were so high

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Had mp-8 and gauges installed on Wednesday, took off on a trip pulling 37' camper, and after about 80 miles the engine light came on. Seemed to run fine, but the eg's were running 1300 to 1500 which seems pretty high. I was only running it about half the way. I unplugged it and returned to stock and the eg's run about 1200 to 1300. What is normal for the 6.7? After another 300 miles and a few stops, the engine light went out. I know I need to get the code checked, any ideas? I am 500 miles from home and should be fine going home at stock.
You check the code yourself. Just do the thing with the key (get in, close the door, put the key in and turn to the on position [just before the spring], back one click, back to on, back one click, and back to on...it will show you the codes in the odometer followed by "---doNe---"), check the codes in the sticky post at the top of the 6.7L Powertrain forum. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7l-powertrain/44021-6-7-dtcs.html

·
Registered
49 Posts
You check the code yourself. Just do the thing with the key (get in, close the door, put the key in and turn to the on position [just before the spring], back one click, back to on, back one click, and back to on...it will show you the codes in the odometer followed by "---doNe---"), check the codes in the sticky post at the top of the 6.7L Powertrain forum. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7l-powertrain/44021-6-7-dtcs.html
I put a MP-8 on my truck about 2 months ago. My check engine light come on today. I tried the key thing, on off on off and I get ------- and then ---doNe---. How else can I check to see what the issue might be?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts