Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My fellow Dodge owners, I need your assistance sourcing a part for my 97. My mechanic is unable to find a new aftermarket or even used AC control unit/head unit. The only one that is currently available is for 98+ and it doesn't fit/work with my truck. The mechanic said that I need to find one specifically for my year, and specifically for the diesel, which doesn't make sense to me, but I'm trying to be a good little soldier and help him find this part.

Do any of you have any leads for either manufacturers, parts shops or junk yards that might have it? Thank you in advance for any help!!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Pro rebuild is a place to check. 94 thru 97 should be the same and I don't know why it would be diesel specifically required. That switch assembly has no way of knowing gas diesel or 1500 2500 3500 . I would have to ask my mechanic whats the difference.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,139 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It does not need to be from a diesel, but it's been only fairly recently that some forum members have done the legwork to verify that (To be sure, there are some possibilities that CA emissions trucks or something might have got a different one). The only possible difference is in the 'message center' (WIF, WTS lights), but it seems all the 94-97 trucks (including the 1500s -- so there will plenty in a yard) got the same ones. You may need to swap a small board over from your old one, but that's likely not the part of it that has failed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all who took the time to reply. You guys ROCK. I found one on Ebay from Pro-Rebuild, that was linked above. Many Many Thanks to you guys. I would be SO lost without your expert advise and assitance.

Have a wonderful evening!!!!!

Reactions: StealthDiesel

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Cool !! There are tons of gasser HVAC controllers out there , they all have spots in the lower message board for lil lights , but No ckt board with light bulbs for diesel application. Just swap your lower ckt board in and plug it in , 5 minutes . Whaaala , you have a diesel application HVAC controller .

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The part shows up today. Again, I really appreciate the responses and everyone's wish to be helpful. This is a great community!!! Thanks all!

Reactions: Bigbronco94
1 - 9 of 9 Posts