Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get a set of timbren ses for my truck. My application calls for the DR2500CA which is rated for 6,000 lbs. And they make a DR3500CA for 1 ton trucks that are rated for 8,600 lbs. Does anyone know if it's possible to put the ones for a 1 ton on my 3/4 ton to have even more support? Do they mount the same and all that or are they different? I'm planning on ordering a set this weekend so I need to get some info pretty quick.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I am going to get a set of timbren ses for my truck. My application calls for the DR2500CA which is rated for 6,000 lbs. And they make a DR3500CA for 1 ton trucks that are rated for 8,600 lbs. Does anyone know if it's possible to put the ones for a 1 ton on my 3/4 ton to have even more support? Do they mount the same and all that or are they different? I'm planning on ordering a set this weekend so I need to get some info pretty quick.
The DR3500CA kit will work but I would not use that kit unless your truck is going to be loaded very heavy full time. I have the DR2500CA kit installed on my truck without the optional spacers and it works great. I would run the spacers if my truck was loaded full time.

Reactions: Big Red 97'

·
PA Cummins
2,634 Posts
PM me if you want to compare pricing - I'm a Timbren dealer/installer/service center - with product on the shelf, ready to ship.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PA Outlaw sent ya a pm. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,900 Posts
My truck is an '01 so I cant comment on the differences in part numbers, since they're most likely different than what I have. Timbrens are supposed to fit so that the bottom of the Timbren is about 1" from the point of contact. Even though the applications are specific to the truck year, the kits come with spacers to make it as right as possible.
Two things I will suggest is 1) call Timbrens and ask them. They are more than willing to help and they know. And 2) shop around for pricing. You cant buy directly from Timbren and the price differences from vendors can be A LOT. So order from the cheapest and then if you're not happy you can call Timbrens and they will directly ship to you whatever parts you need to get the trucks ride and load capacity right, for FREE. Thats the part that sold me.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
399 Posts
I like the idea, but doesnt that take all the suspension out of the picture like riding a hard tail?

·
Registered
14,900 Posts
I like the idea, but doesnt that take all the suspension out of the picture like riding a hard tail?
They're not like you think. Timbrens are basically like thick air bags with a large hole in the bottom. When they compress, their rate of capacity increases. If the Timbren is to close to the contact point then when the axle comes up fast like over rail road tracks, then you can feel them hit but normal driving is fine.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
401 Posts
go with the ones that are specific to your truck. If you do then you won't have any issues with height, etc. I had the correct ones installed on my 06 2500 and it REGULARLY saw over 4.5k in the bed PLUS about 500-1000 in tongue weight from the landscaping trailer with its equipment. I put 66k HARD miles on that truck and never even went through the original shocks. You will overload your tires' and axles capacities before you ever overload those timbrens. And that's not joke!

My truck rode like a dream both loaded and unloaded in the back as long as you have these installed with the correct amount of spacing from the axle. And as stated above, they work like a spring, not a bump stop. As you load them up they become compressed and "squish" to the sides which is why they work so well. Can't recommend them enough!:thumbsup:

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts