Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Pros -
1. It's a Cummins!! Say no more:lol3:
2. It's a 5.9, no issues with emissions and other stuff with the newer 6.7
3. The six speed manual is supposed to be a great tranny, I have the auto, but guys lover that six speed manual
4. It's a cummins!! :rof
5. All your buddies will be jealous...

The only downfall I see, which really isn't a downfall, is that the 6 speed manual is typically 4.10 gears, if I'm wrong someone else can jump in. For city and around town it's great, but it will rev at a higher RPM on the highway, thus lower MPG's if you like to go over about 70MPH on the highway.

Not really a con, but worth noting.

just my .02

·
Registered
993 Posts
pros-everything Cons-What are those??????

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The only downfall I see, which really isn't a downfall, is that the 6 speed manual is typically 4.10 gears, if I'm wrong someone else can jump in. For city and around town it's great, but it will rev at a higher RPM on the highway, thus lower MPG's if you like to go over about 70MPH on the highway.
Not saying your wrong but mine has the 3.73

Buy it you know you wanna

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
6 Speed

Gear Ratio in a 6 speed manual is as follows:
1st gear 5.63
2nd gear 3.38
3rd gear 2.04
4th gear 1.39
5th gear 1.00
6th gear 0.73

Axel ratios vary from
4.88, 4.56, 4.10, 3.73 and 3.55

:welcome:
the 2005 was well put together and as has been said Its A Cummins :hyper:

·
Registered
265 Posts
pros-everything Cons-What are those??????
I hear that people love the manual, since they can take a lot more "punishment":lol3:. I have an automatic and i am taking care of it with all of my upgrades. I fear in the feature that i will have to rebuild the tranny:CRY:. But i still drive it like i stole it. :rof

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the Info. the only catch is i need to sell my 99 cummins 2wd before i can buy this one, so if yall know any one who would be interested let me know. You can see pics in the F/S forum.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I live in a rural area and see more cummins/trucks in general being sold on yards,corners etc. must be the high fuel prices..duh?!good luck and he you can sell that rascal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts