Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lookin to buy an 06 2500 5.9L. I know these models have had injector related problems. Any advice while i'm lookin around? It seems to be priced fair but i'm not really sure. Its an 06 w/ 50K miles for about 27,700. Could use advice. Please let me know. Don't wanna buy it if its not worth it.

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Yea they are good trucks what are you looking to do with It performance or daily driver. I'd recommend adding a better fuel filtration seems to be the cause of bad injectors on the newer models.

· Registered
224 Posts
I bought mine last year an 07 with less than 20K miles for 28K$, definitley add better filtration

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do like the 06 design. I do want to use it as an every day rig. I want performance but also want fuel economy. What programmer is the best on the market? What other things should i look at if i want to make sure the truck is in good condition? i.e pistons... I'm tryin to avoid a major repair six months down the road.

· Registered
11 Posts
Congrats on the purchase..... paid 25 for my 06 with 68,000, definately a sellers market.
Just some advice from someone who had a lot of questions before buying.
The "search" function for me was absolutely the best, type in some keywords and got all the answers and opinions I could ask for on any topic I could think of in a flash, no waiting for a reply. Again congrats on the purchase.:cbadge:

· Premium Member
298 Posts
yea way too much even though i bought mine here where i work mine had 54000 on the odometer and i only payed 20k for it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.