Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 F350 7.3 and have decided to sell it and get a 98 Dodge 3500 12 cyl Cummins. I'm looking for a 98 dually extended cab 4wd 5 speed. Are these hard to find as I haven't really starting looking very hard. Please tell me what I need to look out for with this specific year truck. I decided to go with a Dodge because my 7.3 doesn't have the grunt that a friend's Dodge has and I need 4wd and the grunt to do farm work with the truck. Like pulling 20K lbs. load of hay up a steep incline from a dead stop. The 7.3 will barely do it and it sounds like it's going to explode.

Thanks for your help!

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
I have a 97 F350 7.3 and have decided to sell it and get a 98 Dodge 3500 12 cyl Cummins. I'm looking for a 98 dually extended cab 4wd 5 speed. Are these hard to find as I haven't really starting looking very hard. Please tell me what I need to look out for with this specific year truck. I decided to go with a Dodge because my 7.3 doesn't have the grunt that a friend's Dodge has and I need 4wd and the grunt to do farm work with the truck. Like pulling 20K lbs. load of hay up a steep incline from a dead stop. The 7.3 will barely do it and it sounds like it's going to explode.

Thanks for your help!

Yes the 98 12 cyl is VERY RARE!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
He is being smart, they stopped making the 12 valve engine in 98.5 Finding one in good shape might be hard. They pull like crazy stock, however the newer trucks come with more power from the start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts