Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy who is going to sell me his XD Monsters, they are a 20 x 10 with a -12 offset.

I want to put them on my 2008 3500

is there any reason why I wouldn't want to buy these rims.

my concern is that they will stick out to far and screw up the side of my truck. I plan on putting bushwackers on right away, but it sounds like he was saying they stick out a bit.

tire come mounted with BFG KO's 305x55x20.

quick replies would be great as I am hoping to do this tonight after work.

·
Registered
781 Posts
you shouldnt have a problem i dnt have a dually but my tires stick out a bit and i have a silver truck and it doesnt mess anything up plus those wheels on your truck would look bada$$

·
Registered
31 Posts
They are going to stick out like crazy. I just put a set of wheels on my 2009 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel that had a -12 offset and they stuck out at least 6 inches beyond the wheel well. They went bye bye fast, I didn't want to rock blast the side of my truck. You need to find wheel that are a 10 to 15 offset.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided not to buy the rims, I am trying to figure out if I want a chrome finish....Well I would actually prefer a chrome finish...I am just concerned that the finish will wear out fast from rocks and such (chips) , and if so ....should I get a set of polished rims instead.

what is everyone's experience with chrome finished rims on a 4x4, I don't really want to buy rims every couple years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts