Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I want to do injectors but I am torn as to which ones to pick? Are the BD Power ones any good? My mods are in signature, and my turbo is still stock. How big an injector can I get away with on my stock turbo? Would I be ok with the 100hp sticks or is that pushing it? I will most likely be upgrading the turbo sooner or later anyway? I do a little bit of towing. Have a small fifth wheel weighing in around 4500 pounds. Do you notice much seat of the pants difference with the 100 injectors? Thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
looks like your fuel system can support them, just make sure you get some that are extrusion honed if you can, they provide a finer spray pattern and help with combustion. get you a bit more mpg's as a result if you keep your foot out of it.
with the juice you should definately be able to tell a difference.

BD is a good company with a good rep and great customer service, havent heard anything but good stuff about them.

·
On call 24/7
12,577 Posts
There has been alot of talk about farmboy diesel injectors lately. I think they are priced pretty fair too.

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
looks like your fuel system can support them, just make sure you get some that are extrusion honed if you can, they provide a finer spray pattern and help with combustion. get you a bit more mpg's as a result if you keep your foot out of it.
with the juice you should definately be able to tell a difference.

BD is a good company with a good rep and great customer service, havent heard anything but good stuff about them.
:agree2: and you can get away with 100's and only pullin 4500 lb.

and yeah, you WILL notice a huge difference with them

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just installed a set of BD 75HP injectors last night. The difference is unreal, the juice on level 1 feels almost as good as level 6 used to feel. I found a really good deal on ebay from Jegs for the injectors $364 shipped that includes a $100 core charge ($264 shipped). Part # 1075802 call Jegs or check out their website they may have more at that price.

·
Crayola spokesperson
4,207 Posts
im voiting coaltrain...but fbd has good ones 2 alot of people run them

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
This subject has been beat to death, really it all comes down to what you want to pay. I run ddp injectors and love them. 100's should be okay with pullin that weight, just stay away from jammers, they run hot.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey guys thanks for all the suggestions, I think I'm going to go with the BD 150's for $630 with $100 core rebate

·
Registered
116 Posts
i prolloy wouldnt go that big with out turbo plans really soon and i guess it depends on what your doing with the truck every day hauling you prolly wont be real happy 150s are putting alot of fuel to your factory turbo i just recently put FB 100hp in my truck and love them with my few little mods i have but i also pull trailers alot made a huge diff and they were a great price guss at FB hooks it up

·
Registered
387 Posts
Id think 150's would be too much for a stock turbo, I have 80's with a stock turbo and it still can get warm if your in it long enough

·
Registered
155 Posts
im buying fbd sooner or later. fbd will help you wth anything. im going with them helped me out with a couple of things to save money aswell.

·
Banned
560 Posts
Fireball Pro, DDP, Coaltrain, New Era

·
Registered
635 Posts
depends on what shape your stock injectors are in you can use the jammer nozzels, i have the stage 3 (100hp) and have no complaints at all , dont run hot, gave me some mileage and good power, and cant beat $160 for them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts