Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im thinking about buying a dodge, loaded with power everything, twins, edge, and acouple other things, bd pump, gauges, and everything, some rust and everything but, he blew the motor, getting another motor isnt a problem, but its got 300k on the truck, i know its nothing for a cummins, but what should i look for again on a 300k mile truck? any advice is needed :doh:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one has some input? bad deal good deal, i got him talked down to 4k gunna try to get him down to about 3k?

·
Registered
106 Posts
trans? transfer case?(if 4x4) differentials? steering components? remember everything has 300k on it. a cummins might take 300k but dodge parts could be a different story. ive owned a 300k mile dodge gas burner. to say the least i had to replace alot of parts in the driveline. Use good judgement. Has it been maintained? I've seend 300k mile trucks nicer than mine and i've also seen them wore slap out. but if you can get it for 3000 i dont see how you could go wrong.

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
agreed with what cvpadge said also be sure to take a good look at that wonderful dodge front end and see what all is wore out and needs replacing! lol

-Jordan-

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trans? transfer case?(if 4x4) differentials? steering components? remember everything has 300k on it. a cummins might take 300k but dodge parts could be a different story. ive owned a 300k mile dodge gas burner. to say the least i had to replace alot of parts in the driveline. Use good judgement. Has it been maintained? I've seend 300k mile trucks nicer than mine and i've also seen them wore slap out. but if you can get it for 3000 i dont see how you could go wrong.
the trans is all built, with a 100k mile warrenty by goerend brothers, he said it has new wheel bearings but ill be sure to check all the rest for there weaknesses, and its 4x4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts