Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am considering buying a 95 12v with the nv4500 4x4. p-pump is supposedly rebuilt. Truck has 350k kms (217k miles) on it. I'm buying it for the drivetrain. Apparently the body is shot and the truck won't move. The guy says the tranny will go into gear (or at least feels like it does as it should) but the truck won't move. When whatever went, it made some bad noises and he seems to think it's the t-case. I am aware of the OE nv4500 problems with 5th gear but is there any way to tell without pulling the tranny to see if it's been fixed or not or anything like that? I am going to have a look at it later today so any helpful input would be really appreciated. The engine is supposed to be running great still, which if it's only got that many miles on it, it should be running good still!

Any ideas on what might actually be the reason the truck won't move would be appreciated too. As well as looking at what to look at/for to see if the truck has been modified or not would be appreciated.
I don't know nearly as much about the p-pumped trucks because my only experience is with mine but it's got the VE!

Oh and apparently the PO had a pto attached to the tranny... no idea why, I intend to ask.

·
AlGores worst nightmare
2,010 Posts
Could be the center of the clutch, or the trans input shaft, any other internal trans parts, t-case, differential, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts