Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2008 2500 6.7 auto...like the truck but need some suggestions..

1. Looking for better mpg dont care about power dont need anymore for what I use it..Several years ago I had 2004 5.7 and put a bullly dog triple dog and cold air intake and it helped it quite a bit any suggestions and what should I expect???

2. The seats in this truck are awful stiff very unconfortable any suggestions on some seat covers that would help...

Appreciate the help been out of the diesel world for awhile too many options out there now...

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
What gears do you have 4:10's or 3:73's

1. Looking for better mpg dont care about power dont need anymore for what I use it..Several years ago I had 2004 5.7 and put a bullly dog triple dog and cold air intake and it helped it quite a bit any suggestions and what should I expect???...
-DO the deletes, DPF/EGR/EGR cooler,
-GET a tuner somthing from H&S (i like them for milage nothing wrong with smarty)
-Good exhaust 4 - 5 inch,

2. The seats in this truck are awful stiff very unconfortable any suggestions on some seat covers that would help...
-Get some Laramie buckets with center counsel

Appreciate the help been out of the diesel world for awhile too many options out there now...
welcome back

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has the 3.73 gears you say do the deletes???what does that mean...appreciate the your help..

What gears do you have 4:10's or 3:73's

-DO the deletes, DPF/EGR/EGR cooler,
-GET a tuner somthing from H&S (i like them for milage nothing wrong with smarty)
-Good exhaust 4 - 5 inch,

-Get some Laramie buckets with center counsel

welcome back

·
Registered
31 Posts
Go to rollinsmokediesel.com and look at DPF deletes, and EGR/EGR cooler deletes , also look at programmers (smarty or H & S)

·
Registered
867 Posts
You might want to check the sticky thread on the 6.7 for all the proper terms and meanings too.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Answer to 1:
HandS or Smarty will get you a few more MPG's if you do the deletes to your DPF. You should see 17-19 mpg highway after that.

Answer to 2: I found my 7.5 stiffer than my 08 but neither bother me. I actually like the 7.5 more. An upholstery shop could redo the foam for you to whatever you want for not too much I'm sure if they could reuse the covers.

Good luck.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Pending how soon you are looking to do the DPF delete, EFI live will be coming though the date is unsure...

Smarty or H & S is the best way to go. Each tuner has their "following" but both are good and will get the job done. With either, the huge gain in MPG will be from the lack of a regen cycle and increased tuning in the efficiency department.

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
just a random question, is the truck a silver Texas truck w/ color matched ranch hands front and rear?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
It has the 3.73 gears you say do the deletes???what does that mean...appreciate the your help..
Deletes are the following:
- DPF removal
- EGR / Cooler removal

Both will help with longevity of your motor and allow your truck to run the way it should.

You can either delete your EGR and EGR Cooler or just unplug your EGR. You will get a CEL (Check Engine Light) but it will still run fine. Your MPG will go up as well.

If you delete your DPF you will need a programmer of some sort (Black Maxx, Mini Maxx, Smarty etc)

Best of luck

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
Deletes are the following:
- DPF removal
- EGR / Cooler removal

Both will help with longevity of your motor and allow your truck to run the way it should.

You can either delete your EGR and EGR Cooler or just unplug your EGR. You will get a CEL (Check Engine Light) but it will still run fine. Your MPG will go up as well.

If you delete your DPF you will need a programmer of some sort (Black Maxx, Mini Maxx, Smarty etc)

Best of luck
not necessarily, if you can live w/ the cel, you can do deletes w/ sims

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
not necessarily, if you can live w/ the cel, you can do deletes w/ sims
Ahh true forgot about those. I've got Mini Maxx on the brain now that I finally did it.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Drive it like you stole it! Best advice I ever got!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts