Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok i read on here how to pull codes and i pulled up 2.
First being P0460 Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit and second being
P1693 Generic fault indicating a fault in the bus or PCM/ECM interface

I have no idea what these are can someone help me and let me know what they are and about how much and Pita are to fix?

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
could be a boost leak, it will make sounds like you would not believe, tighten and inspect all the "boots" and look to see if the intake gasket has not blown out (if you removed the fuel filter canister)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats those codes mean? I mean i can read the tech term. I want the idiot term lol.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,302 Posts
Ok i read on here how to pull codes and i pulled up 2.
First being P0460 Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit and second being
P1693 Generic fault indicating a fault in the bus or PCM/ECM interface

I have no idea what these are can someone help me and let me know what they are and about how much and Pita are to fix?
First off get the error code definitons from a Dodge Factory Service Manual not a generic site... Everything Over P1000 is a make and model specific code and generic site can't seem to define it properly...

OBD II Error Codes

Then...

P0460 - Fuel Level Unit No Change Over Miles Fuel level sending unit voltage does not change for more than 40 miles.
(Fuel sender is shot and need replacing most likely)
P1693 - DTC Detected in PCM/ECM or DTC Detected in ECM
A Companion DTC was set in both the ECM and PCM.
(Companion code. Just means there is more codes present.)

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
could be a boost leak, it will make sounds like you would not believe, tighten and inspect all the "boots" and look to see if the intake gasket has not blown out (if you removed the fuel filter canister)

I dont know how this post ended up here I was replying to a steering pump/turbo noise question????????:confused013:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My fuel gauge works great lol..... And sorry I wrote the topic about a noise im hearing from the motor area like The drone of maybe a ps pump or the screachy whooshin sound when accelerate it gets louder but not louder than the motor make since? Anyhow I got it narrowed down on that to a vac. pump, ps pump, or a pully perhaps.
back to the code, like i said My fuel gauge works fine. Believe me when it says E im on E :banghead: any other reason could have that code?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts