Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can get a wiring kit for an 01? It is different than my 00 was. I have the radio, cd, tape, and looking to put a custom cd player in. I've searched on ebay, and googled...but no luck. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
What do you mean by wiring kit? Are you just trying to put in an aftermarket head unit? If so then there is really only one way to do it. You don't need a kit, you just need wire connectors and thats really it. Here is a basic diagram of matching up the colors..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reactions: 00sport24v

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
If you are installing a aftermarket stereo, and you don't wanna cut the wires, you can buy an adapter at any stereo shop or walmart too, plugs in to your existing harness, and then you hook up your new stereo.
Very nice schematic ozone.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the wiring diagram, I will probably be using that. I have got the adapters from wallyworld before, but it seems that scosche does not make an adapter for an 01 anymore. I tried advance, walmart, and the scosche web site. I like using the adapter since I usually don't keep a vehicle too long, but it looks like I will be splicing this time. Thanks guys.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Its the same connectors for an 01 as it is for a 96. I have my 96 radio in my 01 right now. Even an 85 Diplomat radio had the same connectors.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I don't believe the adapters work with the Infinity setup since they have remote amps and crossovers.

I'm getting a new stereo soon so I'll have to tangle with that mess.

yippee...

·
Registered
165 Posts
The wiring harness works with the infiniti setups. Just make sure you hook the blue wire to a 12v switched source such as power ant or remote. It activates a relay that cuts the speakers off. Ask me how I know lol.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, my fault. There was a big connector plug that was not used, but everything else plugged in and worked fine. This is the 8th truck that I have hooked the subs and amp to, so you think I would have it down pat by now. I hope to keep this truck for as long as it lasts...thanks again everybody.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts