Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been running my factory turbo at 46psi for about a month now and it does have shaft play. i am giving it about a month or two so i need to know which turbo is the best for everyday driving and pulling a 30ft 5th rv trailer on the weekends. also prices would be good.

·
Registered
234 Posts
what type of clutch you running like ceramic or what just wondering?

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my clutch is ceramic and kevelar.. what are the prices and what place is the best to get them from

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what is the price on the phatshaft

·
Banned
4,288 Posts
Another vote for 62/71/14. I love mine, keeps it cool towing 15-18k# & spools fast with my 4:10 gears. Got mine for $1400.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I had a phat shaft 62/14 for about three years now. I bought it when they first came out and it's been a good turbo. I beat the crap out of it and towed some big loads with it. It did a good job cooling and spooled pretty fast. I recently discovered it making contact and will send it back to II for a rebuild and SPS upgrade for $900. You can't beat that for basically a new turbo. If you want to run twins later the 62/14 makes a good top turbo as well. jmho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts