Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a new clutch:CRY:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, as I am new and have not found a thread for this so I started one. Today while running a timed quarter on Route 26 I felt huge slip slamming into 4th. I am not stranded yet but need a new clutch, still on stock. Can anyone help as I need to drive this everyday, plow snow in winter, and do not want to need a huge left leg. Would like to be able to harness the power but do not think I want to get to radical and turn it in to a race truck. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
96 Posts
dual disc clutch with the hydrolic upgrade so you don't look out a balance with a huge left leg:lol3: thats what my friend is getting cause his con fe won't hold:thud: but if it's a stock clutch you might beable to get a con fe clutch to hold

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
:welcome: I can't wait to see this one. You will see great division between Valair and Southbend on here, and you may have started the ball rolling again, without even knowing it. You could put a request in Sponsers Market Place and request a price quote. Either would be a good choice, and the sponsers will shoot you a fair price. You probably need only a single disk clutch, for what you are describing. I would go with the most that you can afford now, so it will not have to be upgraded when you start adding goodies. :$: :beer With the truck in your signature you probably already have the hydraulics to handle it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you think?

Performance Clutch Support

Valair

Ceramic Button G56 Clutch Kit NMU70G56-04
$974.46

13.00" x 1.375" Performance Replacement Ceramic Buttons HD Spring Hub
Rated @ 600HP / 1100 ft lbs Torque
3400# Pressure Plate
Kit includes: New G56 Solid Flywheel, 3400# Pressure Plate, Clutch
Disc, Release Bearing, HD Pilot Bearing, Bolt Kit, and Alignment Tool.
NOTE: Requires HD Hydraulic Kit NMU70HYD-03
Upgrade Hydraulis for 3rd Gen Dodge Cummins NMU70HYD-03 $250.00

Heavy Duty Adjustable Hydraulic Master / Slave Replacement

For all 3nd Generation Trucks with NV5600 or Mercedes G56 Transmissions

Total 974.46+250=1224.46

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
that is a very agressive clutch and not good for towing, it is good for street racing and but won't handle 3rd or higher gear launches, and or sled pulling. Dual Disc's for that. also either requires hydraulic upgrades.

·
Banned
2,046 Posts
For an everyday driver and a snow plower in the winter, the SouthBend Con OFE would be hard to beat. Even with your Hot Juice. Stock clutch pedal feel with great holding ability!! That's just my opinion of course!!!:T:

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any good?

1994-2006 Dodge Ram 3500 - Centerforce Clutch Kit - Dual Friction

Our Price: $849.99
Quantity:
Part Number: C78DF935023
MFR#: DF935023
"CENTERFORCE DUAL FRICTION DISC AND PRESSURE PLATE SET -- 13'' Clutch Diameter, 10 Spline X 1-3/8'', Features A Patented Centrifugal Weight System That Offers Outstanding Holding Capacity And Durability, Has A Full Facing Disc On The Pressure Plate Side For Drivability And Longevity, Uses A Segmented Friction-Facing To Concentrate Clamping Pressure And Maximize Clutch Holding Capacity, Throw Out Bearing Sold Separately, With Manufacturer's Limited 90-Day Warranty"

Series: Dual Friction

·
PA VP ONE TUFF O3
2,124 Posts
Performance Clutch Support

Valair

Ceramic Button G56 Clutch Kit NMU70G56-04
$974.46

13.00" x 1.375" Performance Replacement Ceramic Buttons HD Spring Hub
Rated @ 600HP / 1100 ft lbs Torque
3400# Pressure Plate
Kit includes: New G56 Solid Flywheel, 3400# Pressure Plate, Clutch
Disc, Release Bearing, HD Pilot Bearing, Bolt Kit, and Alignment Tool.
NOTE: Requires HD Hydraulic Kit NMU70HYD-03
Upgrade Hydraulis for 3rd Gen Dodge Cummins NMU70HYD-03 $250.00

Heavy Duty Adjustable Hydraulic Master / Slave Replacement

For all 3nd Generation Trucks with NV5600 or Mercedes G56 Transmissions

Total 974.46+250=1224.46
that is a very agressive clutch and not good for towing, it is good for street racing and but won't handle 3rd or higher gear launches, and or sled pulling. Dual Disc's for that. also either requires hydraulic upgrades.

i have the ceramic/ceramic in my truck its awsome
i dirt drag it and have sled pulled it 3 time and i go off roading with it and tow light, 2nd gear boost launch o i have fun with it so it can be done but just becareful i know its ruff on it but i am just showing you it can be done

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Valair Dual Disc

Thanks for the reply's, and PM's. Going with the Valair dual disc w/ hydraulic upgrade.:beer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts