Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have a 2010 2500, just bought a 2014 3500. Got it home, went to plug in the block heater, and can't fine the damn thing! The manual says it's on the right side, by the tow hook. However, the diesel supplement says it's on the ride, behind the grille, by the headlight. In either case, I can't find it. Can someone PLEASE tell me where the thing is?!?!?

Thanks!

·
Registered
890 Posts
It's on the passenger side, to the right of the tow hook, behind the bumper. Reach up in the 'bumper gap'. It's a poor description, but it is from recollection.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I had to buy the cord (Genos Garage $15.00 ) and install it myself....as did my neighbor.

·
Go Packers
8,814 Posts
I used to have a 2010 2500, just bought a 2014 3500. Got it home, went to plug in the block heater, and can't fine the damn thing! The manual says it's on the right side, by the tow hook. However, the diesel supplement says it's on the ride, behind the grille, by the headlight. In either case, I can't find it. Can someone PLEASE tell me where the thing is?!?!?

Thanks!
IIRC, the cord comes with the cold weather package, and least for 2012. Mine did NOT come with cord. Was the cold weather package included with your truck? Best wishes, and enjoy your new truck.

·
Registered
213 Posts
rt. side of the truck lay underneath and you'll see the cord if you have the cold weather option. mine was wrapped up with a zip tie. took me about 10 min. to find it then i had to cut the zip tie off. btw my cord was quite short. if no cord try napa.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got the cold weather package, but I can't find the dang plug. Either I'm blind or they've hidden it so well that a bloodhound couldn't locate it. Can anyone get me a picture, a drawing, heck, even hieroglyphics would help at this point! I've spent more time crawling around under this truck than I care to think about.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i checked today i dont have the cord either, i guess ill be buying one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts