Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
CF Administrator
12,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I... dont want to search because im lazy sue me... I am running a BD-TD with the outlook and I want to stack something with it.. question is WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT OH and for fellow Wyoming and Utah members, the 1/8th mile in Evanston Wy will have its first race on the saturday of memorial day weekend so... come make a few passes.

Thanks for any input on the stack question. Mods in sig.:thumbsup:

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Best two things would be a MP8 or a TST.

·
Registered
728 Posts

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Whats the build date on your truck? Before 6/06, go with TST. Or better yet, go with Smarty/TST/MP8

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
mp8..........

·
CF Administrator
12,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mp8..........
does the mp8 allow me to still run the boost fooler inline with the map sensor plug or does the mp8 do any boost fooling itself?

·
CF Administrator
12,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nevermind i think i just found the answer to my question, it does boost fooling itself as you adjust the dial up? looks like a pretty cool little set up, I will have to give this one a try, thanks guys!

·
Registered
931 Posts
nevermind i think i just found the answer to my question, it does boost fooling itself as you adjust the dial up? looks like a pretty cool little set up, I will have to give this one a try, thanks guys!
Have you considered just stepping up to Crazy Larry instead of stacking a pressure box on top of the tuner?

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
How-TST is a fuel/timing box connected under the hood. Smarty in this case would be run without timing, so it alters the signal going from the ECM to the engine, where it again gets altered by the TST. The you have the MP8 does boost fooling and pressure.

Why? MORE POWER!!! Actually anymore, you really dont need to run all 3. Just stating that you could.

I was really just givin him chit, he likes Bullydog and Im more of a fan of Smarty...:headbang:

·
CF Administrator
12,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Have you considered just stepping up to Crazy Larry instead of stacking a pressure box on top of the tuner?
Im running a Scarry Larry program. What do you mean by stacking a 'pressure box' is that what the MP8 is, I see by your sig your runnin this setup, how do you like the stack? Im actually in fort worth right now for work, conroe isnt too far away

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
x2 for the TST

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
That's correct. The further you turn the dial, the more pressure it adds. It is very slick.

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
unless you plan on buying a turbo or already have one I wouldnt add more fueling you are wasting your time. any pressure box can be stacked with it the edge ez, ts mp8, diablo power puck or Dr. Performance module. A tst will drain the rail if you dont enough to support it, but its a strong box if you have the mods to support it

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
What's wrong with running CL stacked with an MP8?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Subscribing, I have a BD and i am looking for another stack so i can removethe Banks six gun. (Have crazy larry download but haven't installed yet.)

·
Registered
931 Posts
What's wrong with running CL stacked with an MP8?
Nothing wrong with the combo. I assumed he was just using the regular performance tune, so stepping up to CL would have been a better upgrade IMO than stacking a pressure box on top of the regular performance tune.

I am running CL with an MP8, and the power is great. Make sure you have the fuel to support it though. I dont, so that will be my next mod.

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
Nothing wrong with the combo. I assumed he was just using the regular performance tune, so stepping up to CL would have been a better upgrade IMO than stacking a pressure box on top of the regular performance tune.

I am running CL with an MP8, and the power is great. Make sure you have the fuel to support it though. I dont, so that will be my next mod.

I'm looking for an MP8, but will need a rail pressure gauge too I spose, there's allways just one more thing to a guy needs isn't there?! :party018:

(I've got the fuel side of things done with the AD100)

·
CF Administrator
12,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Consitering we are both going to be in the same boat pretty much. I ordered me a MP8 last night so I suppose my next mod will have to be upping the fuel. What are you thinking about using to support the fuel demand?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts