Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 cummins with a cracked block ( 53 Block ). I am looking for a good block to rebuild my engine.
I have found a block out of an 04 and a 95. Will either of these blocks work in my truck? Also any things that I can do to gain more HP when I rebuild the engine, or things I should do to it to make it better?

· Registered
1,130 Posts
Try getting it fixed. Look up stitch and pin. Can do it right in the truck.

· Registered
5,245 Posts
I have a 99 cummins with a cracked block ( 53 Block ). I am looking for a good block to rebuild my engine.
I have found a block out of an 04 and a 95. Will either of these blocks work in my truck? Also any things that I can do to gain more HP when I rebuild the engine, or things I should do to it to make it better?
Call Cummins to confirm but the replacement block part number is 3935936.

That was the replacement number i got from Cummins. Its the updated block i believe called a 56? But they said the 53 issue plus some other issues were also fixed.

568 Posts
Call Cummins to confirm but the replacement block part number is 3935936.

That was the replacement number i got from Cummins. Its the updated block i believe called a 56? But they said the 53 issue plus some other issues were also fixed.
How much do they want for it?

· Registered
5,245 Posts
How much do they want for it?
That varies on location, cann the local Cummins dealers near you for a price quote, and then the next question is do you want to swap the internals over, or do you want them to do it.

Occasionally ive heard that at Cummins digression ODdge will fix your block, but if you broke 100,000 miles or 5 years then its harder to get it fixed on dodge dimes. See dodge purchased these engine without a warranty, so then all the warranty work is done through Dodge, but block replacement can often times cost more through Dodge then to buy tthe block its self.

its not that expensive, im guessing under 3 grand. depending if you do it your self or if you have a Cummins Dealer do it for you.

568 Posts
That varies on location, cann the local Cummins dealers near you for a price quote, and then the next question is do you want to swap the internals over, or do you want them to do it.

Occasionally ive heard that at Cummins digression ODdge will fix your block, but if you broke 100,000 miles or 5 years then its harder to get it fixed on dodge dimes. See dodge purchased these engine without a warranty, so then all the warranty work is done through Dodge, but block replacement can often times cost more through Dodge then to buy tthe block its self.

its not that expensive, im guessing under 3 grand. depending if you do it your self or if you have a Cummins Dealer do it for you.
I don't need one. I just figured you knew the price if you knew the part number.

· Registered
5,245 Posts
I don't need one. I just figured you knew the price if you knew the part number.
When i was on the phone with them over Cummins filters i also asked for a replacement block number because i knew i had a 53, and with the towing i do im likely to crack it eventually.

Cummins i talked to wouldn't discuss prices because they deal with technical issues, but they said to contact the local dealers because shipping and what not varies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.