Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I leveled my truck a few days ago and now i want to buy the 3rd gen track bar conversion and adjustable track bar. Im looking at thuren, kore and Solid Steel Industries adjustable track bar. Which one is the best bang for the buck and could someone point me in the direction of where to buy on online for a fair price. Everywhere i find them is either expensive as :whip: or they dont sell them on the site.

Edit: also does the thuren, carli, and kore track bars have to be painted/powder coated?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
top gun customz great place great choices

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they dont have the brand of track bars i was looking for.

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
I read somewhere Thuren is not making them right now? His are the ones most people say are about the best.
I was reading somewhere where a guy was having problems with his solid steel unit.

Found it:
Best Track Bar? - TDR Roundtable

·
Registered
235 Posts
The Solid Steel Industries TB can be adjusted on the truck, and from what I've heard from a few folks.. it's the way to go.I'd like to hear about the problems with the SSI TB, as I am about a day away from ordering one..

The Thuren TB seems to be the way most guys here and the DTX board go. I think either way you'll get a good product.

I've been trying to get a KORE TB for a while, but have given up. They were supposed to be coming out with a solid.. not a brittle chromoly tube TB for 3'rd gens last October...

I think the Thuren TB is the only one that needs to be painted.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Top Gun Offers A Pure Performance Brand, Great Bar, And Per Pure, Ti Wworks On Smaller Than 5 Inch Lifts If Get The Frame End Bushing. Call Pure They Will Send It No Charge

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
A friend of mine has an old Landcruiser diesel (imported from Japan), he lifted it and all that but he was able to order a kit where you cut out a section of the stock track bar and weld in the adjustable sleeve thing, I'm surprised no one has come up with a similar solution for our trucks. Mind you we'd still have the lousy factory rubber bushings to deal with...

·
Registered
738 Posts
I just installed a Pure Performance Adjustable Track bar. Nice piece, but I had to trim the track bar mount on the frame. Didn't have the necessary angle at mount. Also the bushing at the heim joint was set up for a smaller bolt. Had to drill'em out.

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
How much was it?
Seems to me you shouldn't have to modify it or the truck to make it fit, sounds kinda shoddy on their end.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i bet its because he told them he had a 07 which the 5.9 had a smaller bolt as the 6.7's do.

The lowsy thing is im kind of in a hurry to get one so i dont wear out the one side of my driver tire because my axles off center.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Don Thurens poweder coated Adj. Trac bar is 2nd to none........

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I've read about poor quality from several track bars purchased from Top Gun. The $350 for Don's adjustable track bar (delivered) seems a very fair price for the quality you get.

On the other hand there's a guy over on Weasel Truck Resource that sells used OEM track bars that he powder coats and throws some aftermarket bushings on, for over $450!

I've never heard anyone who wasn't thrilled with the quality and customer service he received from Don Thuren.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is a 03-06 track bar necessary for the adapter?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I'd definately recommend the Carli/Thuren bar. I understand Lorenz marketed this bar for awhile with their own coating...this was the first one I ran.

However, I recently sold this and bought a Carli. The Carli unit comes with an unbelievable powdercoat, and also includes a zerk fitting.

I believe the Carli and Thuren bars are identical (with maybe the exception of the grease zerk???)

There's also a unique solution for those looking for a more inexpensive solution... SSSSS

From my experience, you can't go wrong with Carli stuff!

--Eric

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
good to know i just ordered up a carli 3rd gen adjustable trackbar and 3rd gen adapter.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Top Gun Offers A Pure Performance Brand, Great Bar, And Per Pure, Ti Wworks On Smaller Than 5 Inch Lifts If Get The Frame End Bushing. Call Pure They Will Send It No Charge
Hmmm?

I just installed a Pure Performance Adjustable Track bar. Nice piece, but I had to trim the track bar mount on the frame. Didn't have the necessary angle at mount. Also the bushing at the heim joint was set up for a smaller bolt. Had to drill'em out.
Hmmm?

·
Registered
9 Posts
To All - We just posted this on another similar post!

Our HD track bars might require minor clearancing of the OEM bracket just a little bit for very low lift applications. Do to the over all size and structure of our front track bars this may be required. It is nothing that will cause any structural issues with your truck. This may also be required for those of you who purchase just our track bar to be added to a 6" kit with other companies after market drop brackets.

We are confident that we offer the strongest replacement Track Bar in the industry using 1.5" solid alloy steel bar and a 1" shank chromoly joint with ease of adjustment at the frame connection. If anyone has any questions please let us know or any questions regarding our products you are more than welcome to ask us.

We were just alerted to this forum by a customer having this same issue as above and thought we would get on to help out.

We currently do not offer an application specific unit for 2007.5 and newer. This is why people have to drill them out from 14mm (9/16) to 16mm (5/8). That is the only difference is the mounting hardware. We are very eagerly awaiting the all new 2010 2500 HD to start going through our products from top to bottom and come out with some trick new stuff for the Ram HD. The pitman arms on the 2009's are also different and will be carried over onto the 2010 model. The 2010 model looks bad for sure. Can't wait.

Pure Performance

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
Shouldn't the PP bar be curved to clear the pumpking on a truck with only a leveling kit?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts