Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Mine had me in the Gulf of Mexico on Sunday.

It straightened out on the way home. Took a couple hours of driving.

I opined that it might have something to do with the updates FCA is running.

Could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
You don't have the latest version of software (18.45.01) to fix the GPS date roll over that happened last week. Go to the uconnect site and enter your VIN. Download, unzip and put on a USB drive and insert it in the console to update.

https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

·
Buyer of stuff..with OPM
2,383 Posts
The other day, my nav unit had me driving across the runways at a local international airport......:hehe:..The above mentioned update got me back on the streets where I belong......:smile2:

Sam

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine had me in the Gulf of Mexico on Sunday.

It straightened out on the way home. Took a couple hours of driving.

I opined that it might have something to do with the updates FCA is running.

Could be wrong.
Yea mine was wrong before and it corrected itself like yours after a while. I blew it off but sounds like there is an update we need to load. I need to get mine from customtronix.

You don't have the latest version of software (18.45.01) to fix the GPS date roll over that happened last week. Go to the uconnect site and enter your VIN. Download, unzip and put on a USB drive and insert it in the console to update.
thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Apparently they've been having a few issues. My uconnect did an update this week and solved any issues

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
This is why you need 4x4!!

My phone is never off, a lot more accurate, a lot more up to date, re routes me around traffic jams all for free. My truck has navigation, we almost never use it, its so inferior to google maps. Thank god I did not pay for it on the truck.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

My phone is never off, a lot more accurate, a lot more up to date, re routes me around traffic jams all for free. My truck has navigation, we almost never use it, its so inferior to google maps. Thank god I did not pay for it on the truck.
Yup I have been smashing through folks yards and houses!

If I had car play I wouldn't even bother. Phone screen is way to small IMO and I dislike always looking at the phone. Manufacturers need more features like carplay although I would get rid of carplay and try to come up with some universal display connection. Even carplay will get outdated or the systems in the car wont support carplay 2.0 or whatever they come up with next.

I suppose the problem is then they cant differentiate and charge you for it.

·
Registered
12,814 Posts
Meanwhile, the refurbished Garmins I use haven't missed a beat.
With free map updates (one or two also has free traffic) for $65 or so, that's hard to beat. No pun intended.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I’m still on the last update before the current one. 17 something. Time is set to use GPS time.
That's why your time is off. Need to update to 18.45.01. The date roll over screws up the time and position, the update will fix it.

·
Registered
12,814 Posts
While I don't bother to change a vehicles radio/clock for the relatively short non-daylight savings period, even I can set the time manually. Isn't that easier than messing with updates?

·
Registered
451 Posts
That's why your time is off. Need to update to 18.45.01. The date roll over screws up the time and position, the update will fix it.
Downloaded and installed the update a little bit ago. Yup time is fixed. Never had a problem with position that I saw though. No problems now anyway.

·
Buyer of stuff..with OPM
2,383 Posts
While I don't bother to change a vehicles radio/clock for the relatively short non-daylight savings period, even I can set the time manually. Isn't that easier than messing with updates?
Jimmy, it's a piece of cake......1/2 hour or so......even a redneck from Keeentucky could do it.....:stirpot::hehe:

Sam

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts

https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

The War Department, er, er my Dear Wife, just updated UConnect on the truck.

It seems to be done correctly and completely. She said there were something like 10-15 updates done at the same time. Nav screen is different. Looks good.

Haven't taken it for a drive yet but if there's problems, I'll post them up here. So far, so good

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 18 is way off. Happened while i was driving. Dealer couldn't fix it ordered a new radio.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,874 Posts

Sometimes Google Maps is better, sometimes it isn't.

We used it to find the best to Tampa Sunday and it got us turned around. Went by my Navigation on the truck and it got us out of the mess.

Google Maps isn't always the best. Frankly (knock on wood) I've been fairly happy with my Nav. Except for when it tried to steer me through some traffic on I-465. That was a disaster. Google Maps saved my butt that time.

It's hit and miss with all of them.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No this is a gps date rollover it counts weeks up to 1024 weeks and then rolls over back to 0. Setting the time in your truck would have no affect. Kind of lame our trucks use such an old gps radio reciever. Newer recieviers
Rollover after 8192 weeks.

Customtronix sent me the update for just the GPS module I didn’t have to update to the newer FW.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts