Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone knew of a place to get the DVD for the rec navigation system in a 2008 2500 Laramie? When I bought the truck this past summer the previous owner must have taken it out since I checked the little slot under the screen and anytime I try to adjust anything I get the "please insert DVD-rom" screen I just don't want to pay the dealer for the DVD since I think they want like $150 or so. Thanks

Chris

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
197 Posts
What's the trick to opening that slot under the screen? Don't want to pull too hard on it for fear of breaking it. :banghead:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a little notch in the upper left corner I used the tip of my pocket knife and just pry a little it will pop right out of there. It is designed to open like that so it shouldn't break. Behind the cover is a normal slot for the DVD just like the one for the CD player

·
Registered
197 Posts
Amazing, now I feel like an idiot.:confused013: Thanks.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Just as an option, awhile ago I ran across a 1 day deal for a factory refurbished Garmin for under $75.

I know - it's not "right" to put a Garmin in a vehicle with Nav, but cheaper than those DVD's! My wife did that on her Pacifica and we've saved some serious money over the past several years - Garmins have free lifetime updates, at least the ones we have.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Garmin and use my phone if I need just quick directions but, I know it sounds stupid but I hate that I can't change the time on the display. Haha the little things. Probably just will live with it since it's only wrong half the year. Haha

·
ordo ab chao
1,122 Posts
+1 Not worth the $$$. I bought the 2013 update disk for around $90.00 which included a firmware update supposedly. I don't see a damn difference. By all mean a separate GPS is better. Plus less woes when upgrading the stereo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts