Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about going to school at the Nashville Auto Diesel College. im almost done with a 2 year welding degree program, but since ive gotten into the diesels alot, ive been thinking about becoming a mechanic. always liked mechanic type stuff and my dad was actually a diesel mechanic back in the 70s, so i was just wondering if anyone has been to the school or heard anything bad or good about NADC. are any of you guys graduates of the diesel program? or are you a diesel mech that works with one? any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
343 Posts
me and JOHNDEERETECH both graduated from NADC 4 years ago. good school then and as far as i know it still is a pretty good program.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool. im still thinking about if i want to do it or not.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
I have given it alot of thought and am still considering it. from what i remember it is fairly pricey but well worth it. there are a couple of guys that i know that are my age if not younger (im 21) and they just graduated last year and have their own diesel performance shop here in kentucky. plus nashville is a kick arse city so it would definately be worth it in my opinion, and im thinking they have a decent job placement program also.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
a friend of mine went through their car program and now works for infiniti. good school from what i hear. i went to UTI in phoenix for the car program. now i wish i had gone diesel instead....

·
Registered
343 Posts
nashville is a nice city. im originally from east tennessee (5 hours from nashville) but found my now wife and now live outside of nashville. although i drive into nashville for work everyday. great school but not so great neighborhood. lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i called and talked to the admissions guy and he told me that it was 22-32 grand for the diesel program. im gonna have to call them again and get a little more info. im really leaning towards doing it. nashville would be awesome, the capital of country music is my kind of place! when i talked to the guy on the phone he said they are always having companies call them for ppl to hire. gonna have to kick it around some more.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey, i think it's a good idea. You can pay for it with your welding jobs. Try to work some overtime paying jobs, like a power plant shutdown or a refinery shutdown. Lot of money in a short time, then back to school!!! Then when you have your training in Diesel Mechanics, you can work for the same companys. If your good you can work all over the world. Do it while your young, don't regret not doing it, later in life it maybe to late.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts