Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

N-Fabs on

3127 Views 33 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  jondeere0405
threw on my new N-Fab nerf bars and recon light in the last few days. Truck is a dirty mess, but....oh well. N-Fab box came and steps were sticking out the side and scratched up. Disapointed and sounded like way to much of a hassle to send them back. Also the hardwear was missing...all but 2 nuts. Which costed me like $14 to replace. They will be hearing about this from me and replacing my cost.

All in all, I think it looks pretty good. What do yall think?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2,183 Posts
ive heard bad things about how they mount. what do you think? they look bad arse man.

· Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea that damn pinch weld mount isn't exciting. But it seems that it will work ok, and I've read this a few times from others that they didn't like it, but never found anyone that had a problem with it. Like i said, im pleased. For $399.99 shipped it seemed like an ok deal.

· Registered
184 Posts
I have had mine for about a yeat and the powder coat is coming off and SERIOUS rust coming through. They will be coming off and headed to the dump....

· Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
contemplating line-x now before it gets to bad

· Registered
184 Posts
I would because it HORRIBLE!! not to mention if you look inside the tube how rusted they are....they wont be around for the long run thats for sure....

· Registered
148 Posts
yea no kidding on the rusting and all the paint coming off.. They have replaced mine once, and the second set is even worse. I will be doing the Line-x as soon as I get called back to work!!!!

· Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gotta love the quality. sounds like you guys made up my mind on the line-x issues

· Registered
800 Posts
I have the 3 step N fabs on mine and they came scratched as well with no hardware. I just had them Line-X and I'm more than happy with them.

· Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what they charge you to get them sprayed

· Registered
418 Posts
Same boat here too. Had mine on for about 6 months and they are chipping and show rust:banghead:! Need to get a handle on this quick. Besides as much as we pay for these things the quality should be there, my .02. Bad A$$ truck benzino:headbang:

· Registered
656 Posts
I'd like to buy the mounting bracket kit for some and make my own bars....that way I can drill and weld in some bungs to make a tank for my air compressor, go ahead and kill two birds with one stone!

· Registered
9 Posts
Bringing this thread back to life again...
I have these and do not like the mounting issue. Anyone know of a good solution that may tie them into the frame in addition to the pinch welds? I had a friend of mine jump on one side and almost rip the bar off my truck about a month ago. Crappy products... :vomit31:

· Registered
274 Posts
I've had mine for about a year and haven't had any problems out of them yet.. maybe im just lucky

· Smells like Bananas
9,086 Posts
I have had mine for two years now or right at it. The Paint has held up very well. I hate the way they mount. It seems very piss poor if you ask me. If I knew that is how they mounted I would have never bought them. But they have not falling off yet.

· EAST TEXAS VP
4,913 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine....and they have been on there for about a year now!! Hopefully you don't either....and if I end up having Problems....I will probably just get AMP Steps!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.