Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did the controversial mystery switch today. I works well but, I am getting the check engine light. 2 codes, one torque converter lock and some other dealer only code. I cleared them and the dealer code came right back. So I did some forum searches :programme and it looks like if I put a 700 ohm resistor or the easier to find 1K resistor in line between the switch and the ground. Then take the jumper out and put back the relay, I should stop throwing codes.:pray: I will try it in the morning. I'll let ya all know how it works. I read somewhere one of you figured out how to get the torque converter to unlock when you touch the brakes, anyone know where that thread is?:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have a 33 Ohm resistor from Radio Shack in the ground wire on mine. Works fine with it. No lights, no codes.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Ross Ruth you were right. I went to radio shack and got three resitors. The 33 ohm 1/2 amp and 2 1K one at 1/2 amp and 1 at 1 amp. I didn't find the 77 ohm. I didn't know if I needed the 1/2 amp or 1 amp so I got both. At $1.25 and $.75 :$:each I figured what the hey. I put in the 33 ohm 1/2 amp first, put back in the relay, cleared the codes and took it for test run. It worked like it should and no check engine light.:woot: Anyway I owe you a beer:beer I will be your neck of the woods next week Shelton WA. But I gotta work so no time for fun. Anyway Thanks.:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Glad you got it. I know where Shelton is. I have hauled a few loads of sawdust out of the Simpson mill there.

·
Registered
529 Posts
any idea where besides radio shack a guy can get resistors

1 - 6 of 6 Posts