Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i guess they dont send you anything saying your sample has been tested. I sent it in on the 4th and had not heard anything back so i went to trackmysample.com and turns out its been finished since the 7th. Had i not looked it up online i would have never know. i thought they were suspose to send an email or something. anyway the only things that are in the "blue"/normal cat are:

Iron-88
Silicon-25
Potassium-30

TBN is 8.72

Amsoil 15/40

i dont really know what the avg or range is so any help is welcome. thanks:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
The iron is on the high side, but not critical. Silicon as well. Check your air filter. TBN still strong.
how many miles?

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have since added a pre filter to the air filter.

Miles-Truck 22K....... oil just under 10K at time of sample

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess the main thing is it good to go with just a full flow filter change?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Tex,

Amsoil has always sent me a report by mail so I would call them and ask for one to be sent to you so that you can see the whole report. So far your TBN is good so the oil will be good for another 8-10K. Yes the Iron is a bit high but you still have a very new engine that's still not broke in all the way. As for the Silicon check to see if the air filter is sealed up or if its a new filter this could be why its higher then normal. My self I don't like to see any Potassium as it comes from either coolant or the oil its self. I've been read that some oils use Potassium as an additive but I don't believe Amsoil does.

JMHO

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the input everyone.

yes it was a new 4510 ill check and make sure everything is tight on the cool hose.

thanks again.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i changed the full flow filter and called it good. its hard to get past the 7K-10K mile change mentality after do it for so long. so im going on 11K+ with a new full flow filter and the original/old by-pass filter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts