Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:beer::beer::beer::beer::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::usa::shots::shots::shots::party018:I have a TRUCK now thanks to all the reading on here and DPF-R all the crap fell off it today and it runs great no codes pop up even with the egr unpluged. have to wait 10 sec before I start the truck but its worth it to know it will last me as long as my loan and beyond is a great filling so I would like to buy every one on here a round or two Thanks a lot and I will try to get some pics on here of the crap if I can

·
Registered
289 Posts
Alright, time to fix your sig and enjoy a real cummins.

·
White Lightning
12,068 Posts
and it runs great no codes pop up even with the egr unpluged.
That's the only 6.7L I've heard of that won't throw a CEL with the EGR disconnected. :confused013:

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I run the DPF-R and it has worked great. I have found that I don't have to wait for the key cycle each time. Just about once every tank of fuel. The only time it will go into Regen quicker than that is if it idles for long periods. There must be a timer for idle time on the ECM. If it goes into Regen I just pull over and let it key cycle and that stops it and I'm off.

The Cel will come on for the egr if you don't key cycle each time. The DPF-R does clear soft codes at start up.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
272 Posts
What do you consider long periods of idling? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
10-15 minutes. It has happend to me a couple times were I have just cleared the counter but then had a long wait idleing my Edge would show that I went into regen. If you shut it off and key cycle it then it seems to reset just fine.

·
Regen? What's That??
1,058 Posts
I have had my deletes now for about 10,000 miles, and have only gone into regen twice... and both of those were because I disconnected the batteries to do some work, so it cycled just once each time...and never came back.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
congrats! Enjoy your ride now that it can breathe easier!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well just go back from camping over the weekend with trailer that is 9500 lbs pulled it about 75 miles up into p.a most of it was up hill the fuel milage was just hand calculated at 11.6 that was mixed driving empty and loaded a lot of stop go around town so I'm very happy before I took the dpf crap off it was like 10 mpg around town and to work at was and that was empty

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's the only 6.7L I've heard of that won't throw a CEL with the EGR disconnected. :confused013:
the dpf-r clears it you have to wait 10 sec or so before you start the truck

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you just have to wait 10 sec or so the dpf-r will take care of it before you start the truck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts