Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to avoid spending $$ by bringing it to a shop and I was hoping I can get some ideas here. So I go to use my A/C today and its only blowing hot air! I thought maybe it just needed Freon so I picked some up with the gauge and when I hooked up the gauge, it went into the red and that means it doesnt need Freon and there is another issue and it emphasizes that I should not add any more freon. Seek professional help!

So I did a search on the forum and did not find anything related to my problem. I heard some people say it was just their relay that was bad. If it was a bad relay, would it still turn on? because my fan blows out air, its just hot air. Is there a way to test a relay if it works? but what happens if I try to add freon anyway. Can I do some serious damage to me and my truck, because the gauge could be bad by chance.

:confused:

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,245 Posts
mine is doing the same thing, will you vents switch, or do they just stay in where its stuck at? and will your mirror and defrost lights come on when you push the button in? also check codes, mine stored a soft code, so the cel never came on...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine is doing the same thing, will you vents switch, or do they just stay in where its stuck at? and will your mirror and defrost lights come on when you push the button in? also check codes, mine stored a soft code, so the cel never came on...
Smokeblower thank you......it did throw some soft codes. Its: C2100 and P1274.

Does anyone know what these codes mean.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is your compressor clutch cycling while the air is on?
Yes it is.

So I looked up the codes and here is what they stand for:

DTC P1274 Injectors Wired Incorrectly

DTC C2100 Left Front TPM Sensor Malfunction

What does this all mean and what does it have to do with my ac not working?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't know about the codes but if the clutch is cycling could be a little low on freon but should still throw cool air not hot air. How do the controls on the new trucks work are they all electric or do they still use vacuum operationfor the blend doors?

·
5,245 Posts
not all codes are the same... on your cummins, here is what you are looking at...

P1274-a/c Clutch Control Circuit 2 Open

i cant seem to find the c code, but i doubt it has anything to do with it, thats a cluster code, unless its in your cluster somewhere...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not all codes are the same... on your cummins, here is what you are looking at...

P1274-a/c Clutch Control Circuit 2 Open

i cant seem to find the c code, but i doubt it has anything to do with it, thats a cluster code, unless its in your cluster somewhere...
You the man smokeblower....I was able to fix c2100 , I had wired a transmission cooler to a spare fuse in the fuse box, apparently dodge calls the fuse box a tpm. So i removed it and that cleard that code. Okay that tells me what wrong with my ac.:thumbsup Is this something i can fix from the auto parts or do I need to take in for mechanical failure.

·
5,245 Posts
with it being an open circuit, i would check the connections, i know whats wrong with mine, i keep getting p0480, which is my fan clutch circuit, its got a bad connection, so i need to get in there and check it out... but check all your connections first, check the fuse, i would even pull the dash and check the plugs to the switch, does you a/c light, and mirror/defrost light come on when you push them in?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
with it being an open circuit, i would check the connections, i know whats wrong with mine, i keep getting p0480, which is my fan clutch circuit, its got a bad connection, so i need to get in there and check it out... but check all your connections first, check the fuse, i would even pull the dash and check the plugs to the switch, does you a/c light, and mirror/defrost light come on when you push them in?
I will check the connections, yes the lights to the a/c and defrost turn on and the switch between hot and cold works, because when I turn it over to hot its hot as He!! Which one is the fuse in the fuse box. I looked and could not find one marked strictly a/c.

·
5,245 Posts
ok... sounds like a wiring problem to me, if you cant fix it, id take it to an a/c place and see what they say before i take it to the dodge place, and loose it for a week....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok... sounds like a wiring problem to me, if you cant fix it, id take it to an a/c place and see what they say before i take it to the dodge place, and loose it for a week....
Thanks smokeblower:thumbsup

·
Registered
296 Posts
Make sure you have good air flow through the front condenser. If it gets plugged up or dirty, it'll act just like its low on Freon. An easy way to clean all that stuff is to spray a bunch of simple green on to the radiator and then rinse it with a pressure washer.

·
5,245 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
UT, any luck finding the electrical problem? My 06 Cummins having same symptoms, so just trying to find best place to start.

Did you ever learn which fuse in the TPM controlled AC? Mine all 'look' fine, but thought I'd replace the one controlling ac if I knew which it was.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Heck if I know
3,761 Posts
LOL im bringing this one back to life. I have the P1274 code, A/C clutch control circut 2 open.

A/C pump will not cycle on

Freon is full... because I just charged it

Light next to the A/C button lights up

All the vents cycle through there proper stages

Fuses are fine for 23 and 32 (I think those are the right numbers)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ended up finding a clutch only, but due to problems removing my compressor, I had to go back and replace the whole comp/clutch assbly. That fixed my prob.
Apparently, the original clutch used a gauge of wire that was too small and has been a problem for many many dodge owners. The company I bought my compressor from said they replace them all the time...
Good luck,
Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 07 diesel and am having sme problem. I had a new compressor put on when I bought it over a year ago. It qiut working in the winter and now the 12,000 mile warranty is up. it has freon, but compressor will not kick on. I never found a fuse for ac either. I need ac quick and dont want to pay to take it to a shop. I will start checking wires and connections first I guess. Where is this relay Im hearing about?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts