Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a couple pics of my truck with my new rubber! I love them! I liked my BFG AT's, but they just didn't look aggresive enough for me, so, they're in the classifieds if anybody's interested......

·
Registered
788 Posts
NICE LOOKIN TRUCK. What did the tires run? and does BFG still have that old mud tread or did they change it for good?

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,021 Posts
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! That looks awesome!!!!!!:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
you 're right about that....but the all terrains are the best tire you can get..you can play around in sand , dirt, mud, and water just as much as the muds. except you might have to air it down a little versus the muds.....and if your on the road more then 45% of the time the all terrains will save you money in the long run...........(MPG's, and tire wear)

i put 80,000mile on a set of bfg allter.
now im on my second set. quiter too than muds. but whatever floats your boat buddy.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They still have the old style, but not in 17's. At least that's whet the website shows. I got the tires from Discount Tire. They're one of our sponsers on here!

Another thing about the AT's, they throw WAY to many stones for me. I've never had any AT's before, I never run anything but MT's. My truck is just a farm truck/ weekend driver. I don't drive it everyday. Our stones around here are just small enough to stick in the AT's and pepper your truck when you get on the road. The MT's don't do that. At least that's been my experience with the last 5 trucks and 3 jeeps I've had.

And when we've got a foot of snow on the ground, or when in the back 40 cuttin wood, or whatever, MT's always get me farther than AT's. Just my .02:thumbsup

·
Registered
204 Posts
Those H2's look sweet! Did you paint them yourself or are they powder coated?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I did them myself. I wanted something different than just all black. I'm really happy with the way they came out!

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
Good looking ride....I like those MT's too. I had them on my Z71, I use to have. It was a mud and lease truck mainly, and they never left me in a hole.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Contact BBRam about that!! He's got them. They are SAWEEET mounts!! Very simple yet Very effective!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just PM'd him. I'll PM you the pics when I recieve them from him.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,668 Posts
grrrrreat !
i have the cipa mirrors, but they may be able to retrofit.. ?
we'll see when the pics come across.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Nice lookin truck!! I have the same tires and so far love them. I had the BFG ATs before. I absolutely hated them. The only thing they were good for was smokin off. You're right about these not throwing stones, but watch when you get on a road that has bigger rocks. Mine have thrown small boulders. Thats why I built some removable mudflaps for when I am hooked to a trailer.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah. I'm used to running swampers and such on my trail jeeps. You talk about throwing boulders!! Don't get me wrong, I liked the AT's but they just aren't my style. I for one, like white letter tires, and 2, that guy that claimed they would go anywhere the MT's would go.......WRONG.. Maybe in L.A., but not back here in farmland. They won't hold a candle to a MT. Our clay dirt cakes up in NO TIME and seases all forward movement!

·
Registered
324 Posts
what kind of bracket did you use on your antennaes?..ive been wanting to upgrade to the fold out mirrors for a while because i have the old style tow mirror that mount halfway down the door..the only thing stopping me was my antennaes bein mounted on them and i dont want to relocate them

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
PM BBram. Or Babyfat. They have the mounts and a pic of them. Thrust me, you'll like the mounts once you have them. The pics do NOT do any justice. Just buy a set from him. They are great. Very simple yet very effective. I run 4' francis fiberglass antenna on both mirrors and have NO problems except them hittin' overhangs and trees!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts