Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I just got my new(and first) CTD:hyper:!!! It's a 2007 5.9 Auto, QC, SWB, 4X4. Sweet Truck! It's bone stock right now but I had some concerns about mods. I want to get a CAI, Edge Mileage Max, and straight pipe the exhaust. I'm worried about the tranny & TC. Will these mods stress them too much? I don't want to be replacing either @ 100K miles ya know. Just don't want to spend that much cash on that stuff if I don't have to. I drive pretty conservative, maybe the occasional mash on the pedal but that's about it. I'd really like to do these mods, let me know what y'all think. Thanks.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Congrats on the new truck....

Cold air intake.....you can make one on your own & save a ton of :$:
Just do a search for cold air intakes. There are several ways to "do your own".

Personally don't know that much about the Edge Mileage Max.

Straightpipe.....just purchase a muffler delete pipe or even fab up one of your own & again save some cash.

Usually speaking, the trucks are good to about 80-90 HP before the tranny really needs upgraded.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
just curious...y didn't you get a 6.7L?
might have something to do with the better gas mileage, tried and true engine, and lack of EPA mandated garbage draining the eninge of its efinciency, and the wide worlde of aftermarket performance accessories

·
Registered
647 Posts
I second that one big blue....he made a smart decision

1 - 6 of 6 Posts