Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

My new baby!!!!

1591 Views 20 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  98cummins4x4
I bought her from a guy on Cummins Forum. It's 1995 2500 with a 5 inch lift. The truck had a little to be desired when I bought it, black steel beadlock wheels on 37" military tires. And a four inch exhaust that came out the side in front of the tire. So I got to work. I immediately put my 5in exhaust on it. I reallyy wanted to take off the lift and just level it out with some 35's on 18's. BUT, I found these Toyo Open Country Mud Terrains 37x13.50x20 for $100 for all 4! So I bought them and went huntin for some 20's! The next day, I found these, nearly brand new 20" KMC XD Monsters. I got the wheels (they had 285's on them already) for $700! I've decided to keep the lift, it looks great I think. And I tinted the windows. Tell me how I did!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
I wish my 95 looked that good!!:thumbsup

· Premium Member
892 Posts
Nice looking truck! :thumbsup I wouldn't mind finding one like that!

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is a tough truck! It's got a Southbend 3850 Comp sprung hub dual disk clutch and a HUGE chromoly input shaft. You can dump the clutch at 3k rpms in 4th gear from a dead stop and it'll light up the 37's no problem. It dyno'd at 400hp and 1000tq on stock turbo wastegated at 35psi. Twins are in progress. HT3B will be the bottom turbo, I already have it. The dyno was with the beadlock military tires, which are wayy heavier than these, I think I squeezed out a little more dyno power with this setup. And this is also the first decent looking truck I've had! I bought a brown 98.5 Cummins when I was 15, it looked terrible but it was indestructable. Then when I was 16, I bought a white dually. I made it look ok, leveled it out and put smoked lights on. But now I'm 17 and this is basically my dream truck. I couldn't be happier. It was my hard-earned cash well spent I believe! Thanks for the comments guys!!!

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And for 250k on the frame and body, it's really clean and straight!!! The seat isn't ripped, the carpet is good, and the headliner is good!!! But of course the dash is cracked :(

· Registered
186 Posts
The truck looks sweet. I should have done somemore studying on diesels before I bought mine. If I could go back in time I would slap my self and tell me to get something sweet like that. And with all the money im dumping on this one, I could use on a truck that's already payed for. :thumbsup

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
looks alot better than it at the dyno day last weekend, wheels and tires really made a difference.:thumbsup
Hey thanks man, I want a truck like yours when I grow up!! haha but a 5.9 6-speed!! haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.