Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 13 Future delete question

So this is Cummins #4 for me... Last one was a 11 fully deleted with HS with trans tune. Was a great truck..

I just picked up a 13. It has 77k on the ticker. Eventually I plan to delete it. But the options now and a few years ago were very different. I had plans on waiting until the EGR or something else went out before I deleted it. Looking at the way things are going, I am worried that if I wait a year there will be ZERO options to achieve my goals and ill be stuck with a 2k DPF replacement....

I know the future looks dark for off road tunes....but how dark is it actually?

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
And another repeat. Let’s start another one then list the outfit that can still provide it. If your concerned, go buy 2 of what you need now and store one in the closet. When testing comes along, just say you bought it this way and what’s a DPF.

Reactions: Drle

·
Registered
592 Posts
Or to create mass panic, hysteria, and the start of a revolution, single out light duty diesel trucks only for testing.

And call it "Diesel Air Care", and mandate it to renew or register.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And another repeat. Let’s start another one then list the outfit that can still provide it. If your concerned, go buy 2 of what you need now and store one in the closet. When testing comes along, just say you bought it this way and what’s a DPF.
Thanks for your constructive post.. Its not quite a repeat and its obvious on where to get things now. I was more concerned about general concensus on future availabilities of options...

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Thank you for your non-constructive thread starting with several of them out and you’re looking for general consensus. Cmon man people on here said H&S wasn’t going anywhere. You have Adults and bleeding hearts listening to Greta the child. Consensus is all common sense is pretty much gone. Anything can happen. Just like your President. Everything is like it was back in HIGH SCHOOL . True, fact, fiction, fake news....... on and on.
Who is right, who is wrong, it doesn’t matter any more. Gossip wins. I will take home the blond cheerleader for the win.

·
Mike @ Dude's Diesel Performance
251 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. I’ve got 81k on my 13.

If it’ll give you piece of mind having parts in your garage or basement I say go for it.

When I bought my truck at 58k I said it was going to stay stock. A few months later I decided to do a weight reduction on it.

What I’m getting at is be realistic with your goal for the truck, if you’re not going to trade or sell it for a long time then do as you wish.

It will be harder to sell/trade with no emissions and that is not a new thing due to recent events it’s been like that for years now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just did mine and such a better truck. I believe there are always going to be options. Just can't flaunt it like the industry did for so long. Looking online especially auction sites or social media there is still plenty of options.

·
Registered
12 Posts
With the current climate and no one really knowing what's next, you may be best off to obtain the parts and sit on them.

EGR and throttle valve improvement parts are available on eBay.

An exhaust kit will be the hardest to obtain, unless you're in Canada. They're out there, may require some serious googling.

Tuning, it's not going away, just won't be advertised. Find a guy closest to you and work with him.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
With the current climate and no one really knowing what's next, you may be best off to obtain the parts and sit on them.

EGR and throttle valve improvement parts are available on eBay.

An exhaust kit will be the hardest to obtain, unless you're in Canada. They're out there, may require some serious googling.

Tuning, it's not going away, just won't be advertised. Find a guy closest to you and work with him.
A piece of straight pipe and splice is really only needed for the exhaust.
You could get fancy and have flanges made up.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I was most worried about running options... hell I used to weld for a living... I'm not to worried about the exhaust or the egr block offs. I was most concerned about the tune. Like I said this is icy 6th diesel, will be the second one I delete. It will come in time... just not right away...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts