Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I figured it was time to start a "build" thread for the truck and introduce it, even though I've already burdened ya'll with a bunch of what I'd say are "elementary" questions. Anyway, she's an early '04, 4wd. Confirmed one owner truck here in Edmond, OK. It was a dealer trade from Fort Worth and turns out the guy that owned it lived about 10 miles from where I live. It came with a binder full of maintenance records. Air/Fuel/Oil filter box lids with dates and mileage written on them. Dealer receipts of all recall work, retrofit for the in-tank lift pump, etc. Only ever bumper towed a travel trailer. 185k miles when I bought it. MX records showed:

148k - New ECM and in tank lift pump retrofit
162k - New water pump
181k - Rear wheel bearings
Various other misc items like oil/fuel changes, sway bar end links, tire rotations, etc.

So far, its been a lot of preventive maintenance, but here's what she's had done so far since I bought her at 185k miles:

Replaced hazy headlights
Drivers side mirror
New driver's seat cushion and upholstery
AirDog FP-100
Cooper Discoverer Rugged Trek 285/70/17
Serpentine belt
Rebuilt most of the front end (Track bar bushings, Bilstein stabilizer, '08 and up T-style linkage, front hubs/bearings, front upper/lower balljoins, front axle u-joints, front brake pads, Blue-Top steering gear, BD Steering brace, sway bar bushings and Susp Maxx end links)
Rear driveshaft u-joints
Sweet dash mat to help protect the dash
New driver's side A-Pillar grab handle
Transmission flush
Replaced a leaking power steering hose
Rear main seal
Front pinion seal

Next on the list is new shocks all around, tint, and probably an Edge Insight CTS3 so I can monitor everything. I have no reason to believe that I'm NOT on the stock injectors. Ran a can of the DD fuel system cleaner through. Engine runs great so far. Transmission seems solid enough. Anyway, here's the one picture I have handy, lol. More to follow.

IMG_4207.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
What dash mat did you get, and pics? I am going to get one for mine but can't decide. The dash hasn't cracked(yet), and I keep a windshield cover up when I'm at work, but I'm sure this Texas heat will eventually get to it...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What dash mat did you get, and pics? I am going to get one for mine but can't decide. The dash hasn't cracked(yet), and I keep a windshield cover up when I'm at work, but I'm sure this Texas heat will eventually get to it...
Same, my dash is not cracked but I don't want the OK heat to change that. I got the Ulti-Mat from Geno's Garage. Fits great. I'll snap some pics.

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
Welcome Tx, nice truck & the best year IMO, lol. Enjoy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
when I bought my 09 it had the ultimate mat from Genos in it. Never thought much of it, figured I would leave it in place to protect the dash. After seeing other dashes from older dodges I wouldn’t be without one. My son bought a 99 off his grandfather recently. Truck has seen nothing but barns, so the inside was immaculate. First thing I bought for him was that dash mat from Genos. Fits like a glove and looks good while protecting the dash.

I have bought multiple items from Genos, glad to have them as a forum vendor!

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just ordered one of them yesterday. Still debating on which seat covers though. Can't find any in bright pink with Hello Kitty symbols on them. ;-)

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
I've had a Ultimat and Marathon seat covers on mine since late '06. Seats underneath and dash are like new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts