Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
last night between the hours of 10PM and 6 AM some came around our neighborhood bashing out windows, breaking off mirrors and keying cars.

my truck which was right in our driveway had carved into the driver side not to mention numerous other dents, dings and a ruined tow mirror...a guy powerstroke across the street had both his mirrors knocked off and his windsheilds smashed not to mention his tires being slashed...numerous other cars had damage of similar sort

estimated damage on my truck is somewhere around 5-7 thousand for all the body work and paint work..my question is..will the body ever be right again after the pop out dents and paint it?

will the paint job ever be as nice as it was before this considering they wont be taking everything apart to where its only the body panels?

and is that 5-7k sound about right for new paint and about 20 or so good ding size dents fixed?

·
Registered
661 Posts
:thud::thud::thud::thud::thud: that sucks!!!! i fell sorry for ya man.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like we need to round up a posse! :gun2:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
for the paint they will have to sand it off not just re coat it.... to do it right that is...

to be honest thats what i fear, i hate living in the city where i am, its not a bad neighborhood but my truck isn't stealth by anymeans

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
I feel for ya man mine got broken into last month and took my banks with pda valentine 1 radar and ipod and lots more outta mine bashed in windows everything it sucks don't know what makes these people do these things... what did the police say...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Man that sucks. I would be ready to kick some :butt:. My bedside on the drivers side was repainted and looks great. Remember you get what you pay for, so find an A+ body shop. Heres a picture after my after the bedside was repainted.

101_0386.JPG

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
were getting quoted this week for completly stripped body panels all the way around..and all the dents popped

i tinhk were sticking with the patriot blue upper and silver lower.

were also gettting in contact with a security company to have surveillance camera installed on each corner of the house and one that focuses on the driveway..im almost afraid to find out what happens to the insurance on the truck though after a $5000+ claim

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any other thought on the price?

i would imagine having dents removed when the paint is stripped would be alot less then when the paint needs to be left intact

every body panel except the entire bed and the front right qtr panel is damaged so it makes more sense to go ahead and have everything done. any thought on how much a quality paint job is.

i would like to have all the body panels removed...blasted and repainted

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
were getting quoted this week for completly stripped body panels all the way around..and all the dents popped

i tinhk were sticking with the patriot blue upper and silver lower.

were also gettting in contact with a security company to have surveillance camera installed on each corner of the house and one that focuses on the driveway..im almost afraid to find out what happens to the insurance on the truck though after a $5000+ claim

vandalism will not raise your rates. at least not on my policy.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Insurance will probably not pay for a complete strip down and refinish job They will say to rough up the paint and shoot it with new. If done properly that is all you need. Im sure you could pay the difference if you have them strip it and start fresh.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Insurance will probably not pay for a complete strip down and refinish job They will say to rough up the paint and shoot it with new. If done properly that is all you need. Im sure you could pay the difference if you have them strip it and start fresh.
the keying is all the way down to bare metal along with numerous dents on all the doors, hood and front right qtr panel..some dents have creases which to my understanding is not PDR repairable

·
Registered
647 Posts
Some people are just worthless...and yes I agree we need to round up a posse....I feel your pain as I just had my truck broke into about a month ago. So no one ever saw or heard anything??

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not a sound..we think he used a rock he pushed in so hard that it kinda dented in what was carved..i dont know how he was able to dent it so quietly

but they did manage to pull a print off the mirror...hopefully the person is already in the system

i just dont get why people need to go around doing that stuff though and i hope i find out who did it... :kill::ar15

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
This happened to me before. A good body shop will have it looking better than new. They pulled little dents out of my truck that where there before the attack but you couldn't even see with your own eye.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I hear ya there buddy....too bad it wasnt one of those nights that you were drinkin a beer and just happened to walk outside to take another look at the baby before you went to bed and saw them and got the plate or something.....o well...hope it all works out ok for you :sad2

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This happened to me before. A good body shop will have it looking better than new. They pulled little dents out of my truck that where there before the attack but you couldn't even see with your own eye.
did you do the whole truck or only the damaged parts...because my concern would be that having only the damaged panels repaired on a 7 year old truck would not match the origional panels.

isnt it hard to match up the clear coats so you dont have a really shiny panel with no imperfections next to a panel that..well...is 7 years old and isnt perfect?

·
Registered
97 Posts
holy crap that sucks!!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
bigblue go talk to some body shops and shop around see what they say, its up to YOU where u get it fixed at.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Man that sucks bud :$: I got my tailgate keyed to all he!! at Walmart. Some people just dont respect anything in life.... most of the time themselves as well! :thud: I wish ya the best of luck! :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bigblue go talk to some body shops and shop around see what they say, its up to YOU where u get it fixed at.
thats the plan for this week or next..i just want to make sure im doing the right thing by repainting the whole thing or if it can be avoided

1 - 20 of 35 Posts