Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had no heat out of my drivers side floor vent for years, i noticed when it was set to just floor it would pour out my defrost, took it to a shop and they wanted something like 700 to fix the door. What i did was simply occlude the defrost vents with something like cardboard or metal and my floor vents work great now, but you have to move the block to use defrost. Simply my fix thought i'd share.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Mine is the same way and there is no easy fix for that door. I will have to try your trick.

·
Registered
317 Posts
When I did that, I got zero heat out of the floor. The problem is that the door drops down and covers the floor outlet and opens the defrost port. By covering the defrost vents your really not getting any heat anywhere. I took an old arrow I had laying around and put it up through the passenger side floor vent and propped open the door up inside. That a look with a flashlight to see the door.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm maybe mine is broken in a different spot? Works for me but the arrow is a good trick also, i'll try that

·
Premium Member
7,082 Posts
When I did that, I got zero heat out of the floor. The problem is that the door drops down and covers the floor outlet and opens the defrost port. By covering the defrost vents your really not getting any heat anywhere. I took an old arrow I had laying around and put it up through the passenger side floor vent and propped open the door up inside. That a look with a flashlight to see the door.
I did the same thing except I used a piece of TIG wire and proped the door up from the drivers side floor vent. You can see the door pretty good from the drivers side.

·
Registered
704 Posts
You guys have any tricks to keep it blowing out the defrost rather than the front vents when that mode 1 door is broke?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you could probably just tape up part of that floor vent or block it somehow, the way it was explained to me there is a door that blocks off and directs air between the floor and the defrost but if it is broken then it will just blow out both, i might be wrong on that dont quote me lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.