Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that everyone that has a first gen noes that they are bad . I just wanted to say how bad mine is. I have never had a car that could take my driving for a year. My cummins is working on 1.8years and is still bad . I love it. i wouldnt trade it for alot of things. It has never left me anywhere. never had electrical issues. I love my truck. Does anyone else Love there truck. I could sit in my truck an watch the stars. or hang with a girl in it for hours. I could stare at the cummins for hours. I love My CUMMINS

·
Registered
644 Posts
Ok, I think we have Begle1's long lost brother here.

I like mine, too. All 10 of them have had their good points. And bad points. Now that you have said you havent had all these issues, we will look for your posts in the near future with all the aforementioned issues.

Dan

·
So God Made a Farmer..
2,176 Posts
my truck has a rats nest for wiring in it!!!!!!!!!!!

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was late last night. If My Wiring goes bad i think i am going to wire it up like a hot rod. but idk yet

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Omg My Truck Is Badass. 5 Speed Makes The Differnce.

·
Registered
655 Posts
well said, I totally agree! I love my truck too! it is rare and and i just love the look of it, the power, the smoke, and most of all what is under the hood! a CUMMINS! I don't know what i'd do without it! it has been beat to crap when it was my grandpas and it still runs like a champ and has never let me down! I don't think i could ever sell it.

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well said, I totally agree! I love my truck too! it is rare and and i just love the look of it, the power, the smoke, and most of all what is under the hood! a CUMMINS! I don't know what i'd do without it! it has been beat to crap when it was my grandpas and it still runs like a champ and has never let me down! I don't think i could ever sell it.
U no global warming is called climate change now because it is getting warmer. lol. "Seasons" What injectors do you have? how hard was rpm spring? wait till you get a 5 speed man. omg

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,325 Posts
ive been wanting a 1st gen. i want to make a 4 door out of it.

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ive been wanting a 1st gen. i want to make a 4 door out of it.
I had a 4door dodge. i sold it for 600 bucks. i had a 4bt. sold it because im dumb. I have 2 first gens and i was thinking about putting the single cab driveline in a ford 4door. mid 90s

·
Registered
655 Posts
I've got stock injectors, stock turbo, stock fuel pin turned to the deepest for now. Just the pump cranked! Just waitin til summer to get more money then the fun begins again! then an hx40, maybe some 6x18s or some 435s, not sure what injectors i wanna get yet. A Denny T stage II pin and then i think by then i will need some tranny work! I'm thinkin about doin the 47rh swap so i will have lockup. I wish i had a manual though, My next truck will be! I'm hopin to get a 2nd gen p pump 12 valve with a 5 speed soon...just more money. Oh and the 366 spring isn't too hard to put in, it took me about a day to put in, but now that i know how to do it, it would probably only take me a couple hours.

·
Registered
356 Posts
got to say orangeracers truck is bad a$$ we took it out last night for 2 hours after the swap. made so many friends with our smoke...HAHA it pulls 10x harder than the auto and sounds 20x better. got to say its definatly cool

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
The relationship Orangeracer has with his truck is largely professional.

The relationship I have with mine is romantic, intimate and quasi-sexual.

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So my buddy broke down an hour an half away an called me at 10pm tonight so i just got back. I LOVE 5 Speed. AUTO SUCKS. It was a great ride i love my truck. only problem was when i got home i layed down on the bench and kept my truck company for an hour. lol i love it. She blows so much smoke i am thinking i am going to have to turn it down some. . . O and some ahole was driving infront of me on my way to get my buddy and flicked a cig at my Baby. Then i passed him an taught him a lesson. DONT MESS WITH MY BABY. lol for like 10 miles lol

·
Registered
655 Posts
did you switch to the getrag or what manual transmission? how much did it cost you?

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did a getrag. i have about 2500 in it so far. you can do it for cheaper

·
Registered
655 Posts
don't you have to take it to a machine shop to bore out the bellhousing to get it too fit? or what all does it take?

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
you get a bell housing, trans, pedals, drive shaft, clutch slave and master, flywheel, clutch, trans mount, an all the bolts and its easy

·
Registered
655 Posts
oh so you just got a different bell housing? sweet! that actually doesn't sound too bad! I may keep that in mind. Did you do it yourself or have someone put it in?

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I do everything myself. cant trust anyone. i would hate to pay some one todo it an then brake down and be like SOB

1 - 20 of 21 Posts