Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need booze!:banghead: I ordered a raceme programer and a 5" Magnaflow tbe on Dec.26th. Got the raceme 4 days later even with customs screw up. A few days after that I ordered the plug ends from Strapt Performance and 3 days later had them. Finally on Jan.17th the exhaust shows up( raceme from Austria, plugs from Arizona {i think}, exhaust from an hour away from me!!!!). rip into the box and, wait, there seems to be missing parts:doh:, this is a cat back not a tbe. Wait until Monday, call them up , oh ya oh, we will ship what you need today from Alberta you should have it in 2 days. The next Monday the parts show up!! Wait a minute!! these are 4" tubes. Call them up right away. Oh,ya,ok, we don't have 5" from the turbo:doh: FINE! Started the delete yesterday,OMG I have a 24" gap in the middle of my exhaust. Call Hottexhaust (oops) 1 more time!! Missing more parts, the instructions say "ALL WHEELBASES" WTF dude. OH,ya,ok, I will ship the part out today. So here I sit waiting for my very nice and friendly Purolater guy:S:

·
Registered
503 Posts
MBRP is in Huntsville Ontario. They make good exhaust products and are good to deal with.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update

The part showed up, it was right, and the job is done. truck runs:party018: will take it for a run tomorrow tonight its :beer:

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
This is why they make beer!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the truck ran great. I programed it on 2 and may have to back it off to 1. just cruzzin' and hit some snow on the road and spun the tires, COOL. with all the headaches getting the exhaust, it sounds great. nice little rumble not obnoxious. I'm not ready to say it was worth all the bs yet,but soon:party018:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, put about 300km on it today,mixed country driving. She purrs like a content tiger now, fuel gauge hardly moved at all. I'm not going to figure out my mileage until the next tank full. It was worth the bs now :thumbsup:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Well put. I've been struggling with my deletes for a week, getting all kinds of messages and dings and afraid to do something that screws it up worse as well as being afraid of not doing anything.

With the help of several good folks on this forum guiding me along and making me realize that all of our trucks don't react the same way to mods, today I finally got things set right.

And, YES, how sweet it is! Significant noticeable power increase, growls nice when I feed it some extra oats, and somewhere around 3 mpg extra! What's not to like? I've also done the EGRectomy, routed the CVCC vent out of the turbo intake, cleaned the air horn - I should say excavated, and started using XPD additive as soon as I got it a short time ago.

Glad to hear you were able to hang in there and everything turned out well!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
another mixed bag of driving today,couple hundred k's. She starts like its the middle of summer and just purrs,it was -2c this morning. Really gotta watch the slushy roads, she really breaks loose now with just the slightest touch of the pedal. I am very happy I went with the raceme.Did what it was bought to do with no bs at all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts