Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I liked the Injen cold air intake but was not willing to spend the money. I purchased (used on ebay) an AFE housing that fits a Ford 6.0 PS and also purchased a factory (used on ebay) 2005 Ford 6.0 diesel factory intake system. The AFE housing and with a part from the Ford system fit in place of the factory system. I fabricated a mount and plate for the intake sensor. I had my wife's brother-in-law perform the welding and I did the painting. A local body shop did the clear-coat. The emblems look somewhat "cartoonish" and they may be removed after I get tired of looking at them. The air filter is an AFE Pro-dry unit that I purchased from a sponsor on this site. Enclosed are some pictures. Overall - I spent around $200 not including my time. This may have been done by someone else; however, I have not seen one.

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Nice job looks great:thumbsup

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
good idea! how is it working out for you? does it sound good?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. So far so good - it has been on since 6/14 (Sat.). I can hear a little more turbo whistle than from the factory system especially when I let off the pedal to slow down. I removed all the inards from the factory piping including the silencer ring when I bought the truck Feb 07.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts