Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't even own one yet but there are plans in the making. I was debating whether or not to even make a thread but here we are..

Found a 70's crew cab locally, short bed, 4x4 for $900. I've always wanted a long bed but I can live with it for now I guess. The cab itself is decent, some corner damage. The doors are toast, fenders aren't great, no bed, floor boards have some rust. I have brand new fenders and a hood for 81-93's but I've read you can't interchange doors/fenders because of a body line. The owner last night though said if I was swapping everything it wouldn't matter and I think I agree. Am I missing something??

The plan is to swap my entire front clip and front doors and find a bed. Of course the drivetrain as well. Looks like it's got a Dana 44/60 so the front will have to go as well, probably the rear too since I'll be swapping my lift.

I was pretty dead set against it last night but now the wheels are really turning. If I don't end up getting it, I WILL get one eventually and this will be my build thread. Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Know that finding replacement crewcab doors is tough, so better to fix what you have....if you do get it. ;) The gasser D60 will work but it has a small U-joint yoke, and the brakes are smaller as well.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Know that finding replacement crewcab doors is tough, so better to fix what you have....if you do get it. ;) The gasser D60 will work but it has a small U-joint yoke, and the brakes are smaller as well.
Actually I joined the group on FB and someone has as pair a couple hours from me. Sure they're half as much as I'm paying for the whole pickup but you run into that sometimes.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Don't get rid of the old ones....stash them away for the specific mechanical parts and "maybe" someone else might need them one day. ;)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good call. So the deal isn't going to work out on this one, at least not yet. I've got wind of a couple more that may be around though so it's not over yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts