Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

My Blackmaxx keeps freezing up

973 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  hsperformance
I've had the BM on my truck for about a month now. Everything has been fine until the last few days.
Lately the screen has been freezing up on me. Sometimes it will freeze on start up and just read all zeros, and other times it will freeze on me just driving down the road. It will let me toggle the power level down, but not back up. The guage part of it just freezes and displays all the values that were present when it locked up. Occasionally i can get it to work again by restarting the truck, but most times i just have to deal with it until it decides to work again.
Have any of you had this issue? What is causing it? , and is there anything i can do to fix it?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
586 Posts
mine hasnt done that, but my pyro stoped working. it will work sometimes then not work for 4 or 5 days then one day it will come on and work till i turn it off. i dunno what the deal is.

· Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,917 Posts
There is a new update for the BM as of yesterday. It's the 6.7.8. Give that a shot. It's in the H&S download section.

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Maybe one of the H&S guys could chime in and give us an idea of what is going on.

Thanks skin! I will give that a shot if i can figure it out. Does it automatically change my 175 tune to the hot damn or is that something i can choose to do if i want?

· Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,917 Posts
You have to download the hot damn tune seperatly.

· Registered
216 Posts
mine hasnt done that, but my pyro stoped working. it will work sometimes then not work for 4 or 5 days then one day it will come on and work till i turn it off. i dunno what the deal is.
My PMT does that and it's all the same hardware. I wonder if this is going be a fairly common problem i just ordered a new egt kit for mine to see if it will help, cost was 150 bucks.

· Registered
1,007 Posts
We can help you out if your Black Maxx is not working correctly. 1-888-628-1730 is our toll free, and we are here Monday-Friday 8-6 PM Mountain Time. You can also email or PM us after hours if you have an urgent situation. We are here to help!

Casey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.