Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my AirDog 150 Last Saturday. Install went well except dummy me bought fuel Friday night.I used all braided -8 lines instead of the push lock line in the kit. There is a definite difference in get up and go off the line, and maybe some mileage increase.

What I don't like is that under hard braking or acceleration my fuel pressure drops and my light come on. Has anyone tried putting a t on the bottom of the straw and running a hose to the front and back of the tank?

My other question is the noise. Its not loud its just inconsistent. Even sitting still it has a sort of revving characteristic. I assume this is normal as It receives fuel and sends the air/fuel back to tank. I also want to go back and mount it on rubber to isolate some of the vibration.

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Any changes in your battery will cause a sound change in the pump, due to the fact that the pump is electric not mechanical. Given the time of year, its probably your air conditioner kicking on and off. Roll your windows down, and keep pressing them down after they are already down. You can hear the sound change in the pump. I wouldnt worry about it, my PPE does the same thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts