Cummins Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 766 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
How she run on stock fuel?
On stock fuel its fine just around town but it's laggy I'm only running it on mild because until next weekend or so I will not have studs in. On mild working at it in 3rd I see 20-22 psi. If I were to lug the truck such as short shifting into 6th it would probably take miles to spool lol. I am doing studs springs and nozzles all at once. I just ordered my nozzles yesterday from GDP and Rich shipped them out same day (Thanks Rich) tracking says they will be here on Monday.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Any reason you decided to go with a s472 apposed to a different s400?
Mainly because the charger was $950 to my door, and it will do all I need and bigger is better right??? lol only kidding. The 72mm spools well and is reliable and reasonably priced.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I thought 6.7's 'had to have' 625's with decent power? Sounds like it's gonna be fun.

My prediction: you're gonna need more clutch soon.
From people I have talked to such as Danny Toops (sled puller trucks name is Still Instigating) he said pullers have run 425's with no issues. IMO the 625 ARP craze is a bit overrated. Especially for $1k+ for 26 studs and nuts.

And for the clutch I have been on the phone with Peter from Southbend and he said the clutch he's building I will be able to thrash. It's not your normal 3250 just the pressure plate there is NO organic material whatsoever, solid billet flywheel and ceramic buttons. I can drag race sled pull whatever I want he said. The reason I went this route is he said the regular 3250 DD will melt with enough 4wd launches. He guaranteed me 900+hp drag/pull 4wd launches with no issues. Its a mix of a street DD and a full competition clutch.

Yea much over 700hp i would look into a built tranny if your gonna be launching it at all. The g56's will last if your just rolling into it, but dead stop launches at 700hp probably gonna be screaming for help lol

Reactions: smokkin16
Discussion starter · #27 ·
Yea much over 700hp i would look into a built tranny if your gonna be launching it at all. The g56's will last if your just rolling into it, but dead stop launches at 700hp probably gonna be screaming for help lol
Yeah I agree I'm not that hard on a truck a few 4wd launches is all this truck will ever see more roll ons than anything.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
950 is good price but the 67.7 flows more.

But with your set up and goals you'll be happy

sent from your moms house
Yes a 67 will flow more but I will probably not take the truck any further than this build power wise so for my needs I should be fine.

For what it's worth.....go with 625s over 425s. A 6.7 is not a 5.9. 425s are ok on a 5.9 but your hp goals on a 6.7 are gonna be pushing limits.

Reactions: AdamBOMB_STi
what's your guys thoughts on forced induction turbos i'm still undecided who's i want to go with i know i'm going with an s467 but just don't know who's yet

Why spend a million dollars on a billet 467 ? When u can get three same thing from Source for about $1400.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Well I last few nights I have spent in the garage with my buddy Matt (pierce939) installing ARP 425 studs, GDP Torker 150 hp nozzles, and 115lb D&J Precision Machine valve springs. All went relatively easy, studs were as usual they are just very meticulous. I went 1 by 1 without pulling the head. They are torqued to 135 ft lbs. I will re-torque them again before I throw some serious fuel at it. Well I have been driving the truck around on MILD or NO POWER on the H&S since I bought it, because I did not feel like having to pull the head once I popped the gasket. Well I got the studs in and went for broke and threw it on HOT. (Mind you this is on a stock clutch lol) And my first impressions are wow, my s472 spools quicker than the stock VGT just driving around normal. 2nd, 3rd, and part of fourth are all that really is worth driving because it just blows straight through the clutch in 5th and 6th. I don't mind because my South Bend is going in Friday. It definitely surges in 5th and 6th it's got to be draining the rail with 150's on stock fueling. No cp3 or fuel system. The cp3 should be here mid next week and the FASS 150 will be here first on the week. I'm definitely pumped now because the truck pulls pretty hard considering its still on stock fuel. I was seeing around 20 psi before the nozzles now I'm seeing 42-45 lbs. The charger really sounds mean. Here are some pics of the install.

These are the stockers after the 115lb ones were installed, but you get the idea.

Short clip of the truck turning 4k RPM's

IMG_1326.mp4 video by smokkin16 | Photobucket

This motor buildings exactly what I am going for, except mine will be with a built auto, good luck and excited to see the rest

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Well I've been working on the truck again this weekend it's definitely getting closer. On Friday I got a not so pleasant surprise by the neighbor of my girlfriend backing into my truck. The guy backed into it with his Ford Ranger and I heard it through the walls of her condo ran outside as I watched him just drive off like nothing happened. You can see his tail light lens under my bumper. People are amazing.

But I did manage to make some headway and get the Southbend installed which ended up being a 3650 pressure plate , billet flywheel, and hydrolics. A last minute phone call after someone at SB looking over the notes is what made the decision to change from the 3250 pressure plate I was origionally was ordered. It is very streetable, shifts smoothly, (used Royal Purple Synchromax) has tollerable chatter as of now lol, and a brutally stiff pedal. I can get used to it though. Then also getting installed was my FASS 150 Titanium Series, which was a relatively straight forward install. Truck does pull a little harder up top, it still is running out of fuel next step is the cp3. (im getting anxious) The truck also no longer has the "surge" in the upper gears.

I will get a few pics up of the FASS install ASAP

looks like your a honda guy just like me I like the collection! sweet ride man how I bet you love the truck now with that clutch and being able to hold all that power! I bet that cp3 will be tearing it up you gonna go with duels or a big single?

21 - 40 of 766 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.