Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna rebuild my trans next weekend just a few questions i got the rebuild kit but what about bearings?? i have a revmax triple disc and valvebody what else do i need thanks for the help guys!!

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Generally bearings are not a issue. If it is destroyed you will have more needs.
A heavier link for KD band is recomended along with improved servo and lever.
Low Reverse servo upgrade. Does kit include new KD band?
Cooler cleaner a must.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Where did you get your rebuild kit? I need to rebuild mine also. I was considering ATS.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was just gonna go with a borg warner kit heard that alto red eagle dont like longevity what is kb band ?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got the revmax with the ultra low stall will that be a good one

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure about the Revmax...Heard the name a few times and nothing bad out of em...I know they are alot cheaper than the "big names"...just because they are cheaper don't mean they aren't just as good. My buddy has a 6.4 powerstroke and he had a suncoast in his and fried it in two races at the drag strip. Put in a daaco..(a local company) triple disc and has never had a problem with his converter since. Let us know how it works out

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do yall think borg warner clutches will be fine

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah I've heard alot of good things about them....Most big companies like to put alto red eagle in their tranny's but I think both are pretty comparable and would serve you just fine...also let me know how you like your revmax VB too i've been thinking about going with their stuff i'm fixing to do a rebuild VB and TC myself...let me know how you like those

·
Registered
834 Posts
Stay with the blues for clutches. The reds are more for racing. Youll get better life out of the blues for daily driving.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I bought all my stuff so far from Daaco. The clutches in it are all Raybestos.
First trip I bought the master kit, which was all the clutches, steels, o-rings, paper gaskets, and some snap rings. I also bought thrust washer kit and bushing kit. That was like 250. Next call was for an extra OD clutch, since I got distracted while cutting open the pack and sliced one, plus I bought new torrington bearings for the OD unit and I also bought a new OD sprag(or overrunning clutch). Total for that was like 90 bucks.

The KD band that dozer mentioned is the front band.

·
Registered
29 Posts
pretty cool you got daaco stuff..most of their stuff is made like 5 mins from where i live lol and my buddy loves his tc he got from them...did the rebuild stuff you got seem pretty heavy duty?...I know they are great for stock applications but don't know how they are for modded trucks

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well its just plain ole raybestos clutches. I didnt ask for anything special, I just wanted quality stuff, and it seems to be. Daaco has a good rep for the most part. I don't know what they make themselves, all seems to be repackaged, but they are somewhat convenient to me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah, for a stock rebuild it really does not matter who you go with. There are only a few companies that actually make the clutches anyhow... Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts